• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye-bye pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye-bye pound

"sterling continued to plunge today and Jim Rogers, who co-founded the Quantum fund with George Soros, the billionaire investor, told Bloomberg: “I would urge you to sell any sterling you might have. It’s finished. I hate to say it, but I would not put any money in the UK”. "

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5552136.ece
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    "sterling continued to plunge today and Jim Rogers, who co-founded the Quantum fund with George Soros, the billionaire investor, told Bloomberg: “I would urge you to sell any sterling you might have. It’s finished. I hate to say it, but I would not put any money in the UK”. "

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5552136.ece
    Bye bye Pound

Hello Euro

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

BBC news says pound at lowest level for 7 years.

So like house prices, falling yes but only to values well within living memory

Comment

The run on the Euro hasn't started yet - and it will. And once the warm and fuzzy feeling from the inauguration of Embalmer dies off and people realise that he isn't going to solve things overnight, the run on the dollar will start.

It's going to be an entertaining few months....
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

“I would urge you to sell any sterling you might have,” Jim Rogers, chairman of Singapore-based Rogers Holdings, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. “It’s finished. I hate to say it, but I would not put any money in the U.K.”

I agree - My pension will not be invested in UK companies. Not only are there weak fundamentals but the LSE is done, short sellers are out of control and the government are too dumb to fix it.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            The run on the Euro hasn't started yet - and it will. And once the warm and fuzzy feeling from the inauguration of Embalmer dies off and people realise that he isn't going to solve things overnight, the run on the dollar will start.

WHS

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post

Embalmer

You're right. He's raised peoples expectations so high, he can only fail to achieve them.

Shame really.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Embalmer

You're right. He's raised peoples expectations so high, he can only fail to achieve them.

Shame really.
                He has some pretty good 'escape routes' though:

Inherited 2 wars, biggest financial crises most people have seen etc etc.

To be fair to him he has always said 'we can do it together' more that "I can fix it on my own".

Comment

My personal opinion is he's a bit of a Blair type. All gob and no trousers. Let's hope he's got more of a clue though ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    My personal opinion is he's a bit of a Blair type. All gob and no trousers. Let's hope he's got more of a clue though ...
                    He’ll struggle to be any worse than the tosser he’s replacing.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X