• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

The way I see it is: (and please correct me, because I really haven't been paying any attention to much of this!)
    • The government is in a huge amount of debt (bit of an understatement)
    • Business' are going bust (so less tax is being made from business')
    • Thousands of people are being made redundant (less tax being received)
    • Thousands are loosing their homes (less council tax and banks loosing even more money on negative equity mortgages)
    • More and more people are signing on and claiming employment benefits (doll)
    • More and more people are claiming housing benefits
    • There is no incentives to put money into the bank and save, as interest rates are sh*t

Surely this will just keep getting worse and worse???
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    The way I see it is: (and please correct me, because I really haven't been paying any attention to much of this!)
    • Thousands are loosing their homes (less council tax and banks loosing even more money on negative equity mortgages)
    • There is no incentives to put money into the bank and save, as interest rates are sh*t

No just print more money.

Next please

Comment

WE ARE
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Build a new Concorde and put Britain back at the top of the engineering world, where we would have been if not for the corporate bean counters.

But seriously, I would start by stopping all funding for degree courses which include the word 'management' or 'business' or 'marketing' and pump the money into science and engineering.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          But seriously, I would start by stopping all funding for degree courses which include the word 'management' or 'business' or 'marketing' and pump the money into science and engineering.
          What's the time period for ROI in that? Too long I fear...

Comment

What if they print more money but don't tell all the other countries?

It would be easy... get Walkers to run a "win cash in your crisps" competition and arrange for every 2nd pack to have £10 inside...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd make sure you had the right man at the top, to steer us safely through this US subprime derived downturn. I'd relax, sit back and simply vote Labour at the next election.
              If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Build a new Concorde and put Britain back at the top of the engineering world, where we would have been if not for the corporate bean counters.

You missed 'media'.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  You missed 'media'.
                  Yes, that too. Thanks, that's saved another umpty million squid.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

First thing to do is to appoint new management and arrest the outgoing set.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X