• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama speech

I thank President Bush for his service to our nation, as well as the generosity and co-operation he has shown throughout this transition.

That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.
    Thank f**k he didn't want to use the occasion to twist the knife a little more eh?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Thank f**k he didn't want to use the occasion to twist the knife a little more eh?
    All good pals in the end

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

I thought he might have used the quote from Saddam - The costs of the invasion of Iraq will destroy the USA's economy - looks like Old Sads was right as well.

Comment

I was really hoping he was going to stand up and say "Heh heh whiteys, I was a muslim all along, and now I'm in charge"

Is it me or is he sounding more and more like President Palmer off of 24 ?

Comment

Don't mock the greatest president ever.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Don't mock the greatest president ever.
            Thank you. My nose has been bunged up all day but the snort your comment provoked has cleared my passages.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

He's already made his first mistake

Comment

Working...
              X