• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

scattered thoughts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scattered thoughts

My house says to me, "Do not leave me, for here dwells your past."
    And the road says to me, "Come and follow me, for I am your future."
    And I say to both my house and the road, "I have no past, nor have I a future. If I stay here, there is a going in my staying; and if I go there is a staying in my going. Only love and death will change all things."

How can I lose faith in the justice of life, when the dreams of those who sleep upon feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep upon the earth? Strange, the desire for certain pleasures is a part of my pain.

Seven times have I despised my soul:
    The first time when I saw her being meek that she might attain height.
    The second time when I saw her limping before the crippled.
    The third time when she was given to choose between the hard and the easy, and she chose the easy.
    The fourth time when she committed a wrong, and comforted herself that others also commit wrong.
    The fifth time when she forbore for weakness, and attributed her patience to strength.
    The sixth time when she despised the ugliness of a face, and knew not that it was one of her own masks.
    And the seventh time when she sang a song of praise, and deemed it a virtue.

I AM IGNORANT of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.

Is this your own SD? Not having a soul, I have no idea what it is about but most impressive.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Very good Andrew.

Are you the new messiah?

Comment

Sandy,
        You know when you take someone else’s work and present it as your own. What’s the word for it?

Comment

I don't understand a fecking word of it!! But then, hey, I do read the Sun so maybe I'm already going to Hell!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
            Sandy,
            You know when you take someone else’s work and present it as your own. What’s the word for it?
            Plagiarism
            Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
              I hope that bastard who stole my models is reading this

Comment

sand and foam

Poem is "Sand and Foam" by Kahlil Gibran. Top U.S. intelligence analysts tell me that its hidden message is

"Your Jihad against the Crusaders is defense of Islam, whose enemies are aiming to remove it from the hearts and lives of the Muslims. In this crime of democracy, the ones aiding them [coalition forces] are members of our people and those who speak in their name, who call their apostasy and corruption 'reform.' Democracy [in Iraq] is a victory for the Crusaders, even if they retreat from Iraq and leave their agents to guard the idol of democracy that has become the god worshipped besides Allah."

Comment

LSD does it every time...........
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

lysergic acid diethylamide...whats that then?

Comment

Working...
                    X