• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The doomiest doom of all doomdom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doomiest doom of all doomdom

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ambrose...iously_alarmed

He was slated 12 months ago for his doom predictions and it turned out he wasn't doomed enough.

Sorry, but I'm also getting quite frightened by what's going on. Will the IMF have to bail out the UK again in 2009? I think it is a real possibility now. UK PLC is bankrupt.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Frightened?

You scare very easily. It's only a recession, and there are a lot of people - especially on this board - who absolutely revel in any bad news.

As I have said on other threads, the downward forces on the dollar and the euro are just as strong as those on the pound, if not stronger. Wait for the run on those two currencies to kick off - you'll feel much brighter.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

There are also some people here going on about buying houses soon.

Some have not realized this is going to be a severe depression.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          There are also some people here going on about buying houses soon.

Some have not realized this is going to be a severe depression.
          Make your mind up

We are facing a recession. not a depression. not armaggedon.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            As I have said on other threads, the downward forces on the dollar and the euro are just as strong as those on the pound, if not stronger. Wait for the run on those two currencies to kick off - you'll feel much brighter.
            US and Eurozone also going bankrupt and being bailed out by the IMF?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              US and Eurozone also going bankrupt and being bailed out by the IMF?
              The dollar will clearly survive - the yanks' capacity to generate revenue is better than ours (on the grounds that there is 6 times the number of them)

The euro is different though. I can see that either collapsing, or changing it's format.

Interesting times....
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                Make your mind up
                You mean I can't do an atw : make several predictions and only remember the ones that came true?

Maybe in my other post I should have said severe recession......

Comment

You mean I can't do an atw : make several predictions and only remember the ones that came true?

Maybe in my other post I should have said severe recession......
                  I would go for the severe recession prediction.

Were printing money now. Hence, the UK is not worth the paper its printed on.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    I would go for the severe recession prediction.

Were printing money now. Hence, the UK is not worth the paper its printed on.
                    According to Mervyn King we are not there yet! Though I don't believe him for some reason....

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5556024.ece

The Bank of England's Governor paved the way last night to unleash the weapon of “printing money” in a last-ditch drive to combat the rapidly deepening recession.

Comment

Working...
                    X