• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ALL Conservatives and Lib Dems to vote against FoI - Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL Conservatives and Lib Dems to vote against FoI - Expenses

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...-conservatives

Seems its just McStalin and his red army that are hellbent on getting this through. Just needs 30-40 Labour rebels to knock this one out the park.

Come on you few remaing Old Labour stalwarts and backbench rebels, "Ask not what you country can do for you...etc etc"

That alone would cement quite a few floating voters for both Lib Dems and Conservatives.

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...-conservatives

Seems its just McStalin and his red army that are hellbent on getting this through. Just needs 30-40 Labour rebels to knock this one out the park.

Come on you few remaing Old Labour stalwarts and backbench rebels, "Ask not what you country can do for you...etc etc"

That alone would cement quite a few floating voters for both Lib Dems and Conservatives.
    Interesting that you should say that. I have been coming to the view that, although I don't necessarily agree with them, it is the Old Labour guys that I respect, because I know what they stand for and so do they.

Comment

There is talk of Labour minions calling a sickie on Thursday, basically avoiding westminster so as not to have to vote.

I actually think there is a chance this can be shot down in the commons.

Comment

The only people that would want to know about MP's expenses are terrorists. Hence this information must be classified.

Comment

MP Expenses needs to be audited from higher up, effectively Hey majesty needs a personal Audit team independent of parliament to oversee this rabble.

Assumign approx 50K of expenses per year that are within the rules but immoral and in the private sector would never fly, we are talking £25 million a year in expenses.

This is not an insignificant amount of money.

Comment

MP Expenses needs to be audited from higher up, effectively Hey majesty needs a personal Audit team independent of parliament to oversee this rabble.

Assumign approx 50K of expenses per year that are within the rules but immoral and in the private sector would never fly, we are talking £25 million a year in expenses.

This is not an insignificant amount of money.
            Didn't the press do an audit?
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              The only people that would want to know about MP's expenses are terrorists. Hence this information must be classified.
              I tend to agree. As long as someone is independently scrutinising them I'm not bothered if it's kept confidential on an individual basis.

I would expect summary information to be available though, how much on office, travel, rent boys, etc.

Comment

There is talk of Labour minions calling a sickie on Thursday,
                quick, someone tell Call-me-Dave and Call-me-Nick and they can quickly fit in a no-confidence motion.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I tend to agree. As long as someone is independently scrutinising them I'm not bothered if it's kept confidential on an individual basis.

I would expect summary information to be available though, how much on office, travel, rent boys, etc.
                  Apparently it is not for secrecy that Brown and Harman want to keep the claims secret, but because publishing it would be costly.

They're really trying to save us money, see?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    They're really trying to save us money, see?
                    They could jump off a cliff and save us a lot more.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X