• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How I would tackle Brown's Great Depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I would tackle Brown's Great Depression

Instead of giving the bankers a blank cheque (which they'll spend on bonuses and parties anyway), i'd use the borrowed money to pay for the public sector and instead suspend all business taxes and increase the personal tax allowance to £20K.

Thereby giving businesses and most individuals a direct cash injection, negating the need to borrow from the tulipty banks anyway.

Cut taxes, don't pay bankers.

**** the bankers.

Government simply has no idea when it comes to structural spending.

Comment

In France, Sarko's bank bailout comes with conditions:
      1. strictly no more bonuses for management.
      2. shareholders' dividends limited to inflation.

He knows who is paying the piper.

Comment

How about starting some infrastructure projects?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          How about starting some infrastructure projects?
          As in this thread.

Comment

Re-invading Iraq would be stimulating for the millitary/industrial sector.

Dont be too hard on the hard w@nking bankers folks.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Instead of giving the bankers a blank cheque (which they'll spend on bonuses and parties anyway), i'd use the borrowed money to pay for the public sector and instead suspend all business taxes and increase the personal tax allowance to £20K.

Thereby giving businesses and most individuals a direct cash injection, negating the need to borrow from the tulipty banks anyway.

Cut taxes, don't pay bankers.

**** the bankers.
              Don't worry, that is what is going to happen anyway once the bankers have pissed it all up the wall.

Tax cuts? Well, people will have problems paying any tax, so it'll be a no never mind.

Comment

last 37billion lbailout asted only 3 months
                how long will the next 200 billion last
                until next election?

Comment

There was some guy on the BBC news channel last night saying effectively the toxic assets written down by the banks had been overdone because of accounting rules - ie they were paper losses not real losses as on a lot of the mortgages they were still getting the payments in!

So he was saying change the accounting rules to take the pressure off the banks and hence the rest of us.

So how come Gordon hasn't picked up on this?
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Instead of giving the bankers a blank cheque (which they'll spend on bonuses and parties anyway), .
                    But the government is trying to get us to spend money and stimulate the economy. So why not blow £20K a head on some hardcore partying, and provide jobs for many (as waiters, strippers, the other, bakers, party poppers manufacturers, cleaners...)

The problem at the moment is that people are not spending. The government should give me £0.5 million and I'd blow it in the fortnight...

Comment

Working...
                    X