• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge funds advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedge funds advice

Neighbour not happy about me putting up a fence, but agreed to a hedge.

Fence is only around £150, max.

However, got a quote for a hedge (supply only, I dig) at £440.70 for 15 Cherry Laurel plants at 1.2/1.5m Rootball.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper plant that does the job (evergreen, and not that hedge that everyone hates!), and, also suggest any hedge suppliers that do delivery?

Live in Manchester / Cheshire, but a firm that does Nationwide delivery would be great.

I just had a poo
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

you have cured my insomnia

Comment

Buy a fence and paint a hedge on it?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

However, got a quote for a hedge (supply only, I dig) at £440.70 for 15 Cherry Laurel plants at 1.2/1.5m Rootball.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper plant that does the job (evergreen, and not that hedge that everyone hates!), and, also suggest any hedge suppliers that do delivery?

Live in Manchester / Cheshire, but a firm that does Nationwide delivery would be great.
          You: cost of fence.
          Neighbour: cost of hedge - cost of fence.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Buy a fence and paint a hedge on it?
            Or take some cuttings of box, plant them and wait for 150 years. All good things require patience.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Leylandi is your friend

Comment

Give this a go.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Get bare root - it's the right time of year for planting 'em (at least is for another month or 2). I put in beech, not an evergreen but they retain their dead leaves through the winter so still quite an effective screen. You should be able to get a decent size plant (5/6 foot) with a fairly decent spread for around the twenty quit mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

What is there at the moment? Why has this issue come up now?

Comment

Working...
                    X