• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Osbourne as chancellor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osbourne as chancellor

GO is often perceived to be a lightweight, and the tories want to win the next election. So, will he be there when the election happens?

Poll to follow
    Yes - cameron wouldn't swap him out because it would be perceived as weakness on his part
    27.78%
    Yes - GO might be inexperienced, but he's the right man for the job
    5.56%
    No - DC will swap him out for someone with a bit more gravitas, DD or WH
    27.78%
    I'd rather AtW was chancellor
    38.89%
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

By then he won’t have to do anything anyway because Britain will be run by receivers from the IMF.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Does DD= David Dickinson? If so it got my vote
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Does DD= David Dickinson? If so it got my vote
        Yes. Yes it does.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Yes. Yes it does.
          you didn't mention KC
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

After the 'trusted' Gordon Brown has done so 'well', I would have though a goat could do better in than Brown !!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              you didn't mention KC
              You think cameron will swap him in?! I would be very surprised if he made shadow chancellor. it was a big enough gamble putting him where he is now...

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What if it's a Lib-Con coalition? It could be Vince Cable.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I'm talking pre-election.

HTH

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    hahaha.... VC is useless. It was him that said the Rock should be nationalised and its mortgage book reduced to repay the loans. I said at the time that this did not make sense because it would reduce liquidity at a time when we needed it !!

Now he has admitted that the Rock should have carried on lending because it has been damaging liquidity !!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X