• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self assessment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self assessment?

I am a IT contractor and have been for past few years

I run under a umbrella company. But i have not done any self assesment. Am i meant to fill one in every year? or do i get told to fill it in?

If i do fill it in do i come as a individual or employer?

Originally posted by checkmate View Post
    I am a IT contractor and have been for past few years

I run under a umbrella company. But i have not done any self assesment. Am i meant to fill one in every year? or do i get told to fill it in?

If i do fill it in do i come as a individual or employer?
    Goto the self ass webpage and read the rules or ring the helpline. I suspect you should be filling one in but it is possible as an employee of the umbrella Co you might not need to. It would be as an individual.

Comment

Self Assessment

Hi checkmate

You fill in an SATR as an individual or rather as a tax payer.

You need to fill one in if HMRC ask you or, if they dont, if you have income on which tax has not been paid.

This HMRC link might help

Phil

Comment

Working...
      X