• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paris - Any reccommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris - Any reccommendations?

And that's Paris, France not Paris Hilton you pervs

Going to Paris at the weekend for a couple of nights on the lash and a bit of sightseeing with the lads.

We think we've got the sightseeing organised (the usual stuff), but any reccommendations for decent and/or cheap eating over there?

Was over there in December with SWMBO, and found some nice "romantic" places, but (horses for courses) I'm not taking the lads there....
    'elf and safety guru

You should have gone to Hamsterjam.

Paris is not (IMHO) a place for "on the lash, GET IN THERE!, oi geezer" types.

Comment

Paris on a lads trip?

You seem like a nice boy, watch out for HAB!

Comment

Buddha Bar is worth a look, not cheap though.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Get down the Crazy Horse asap.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
            And that's Paris, France not Paris Hilton you pervs

Going to Paris at the weekend for a couple of nights on the lash and a bit of sightseeing with the lads.

We think we've got the sightseeing organised (the usual stuff), but any reccommendations for decent and/or cheap eating over there?

Was over there in December with SWMBO, and found some nice "romantic" places, but (horses for courses) I'm not taking the lads there....
            You can do decent and cheap if you tag along with a Frenchie.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I passed through Paris last summer on the way to a wedding, I was surprised to read on the way over that they were having a ‘be nice to tourists’ week, the only person that offered any help when I was lost on the metro was an American exchange student.

I found this quite amusing: Paris syndrome
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Thing is, people in London won't spit on someone if they were on fire. Parisians are only to happy to spit at you
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 January 2009, 16:46.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Paris is nice but try to keep away from the French

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Thing is, people in London won't spit on someone if they were on fire. Parisians are only to happy to spit at you
                    too

If you're going to be bigoted and generalise, at least get your spelling correct.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X