• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound vs Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pound vs Euro

For those wondering whether to keep Euros or change to £.

Weak outlook for £
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 January 2009, 18:12.
    I'm alright Jack

Jim Rogers is a bit of a drama queen but often talks sense.

UK is well beyond being fraked. Guido puts it this way:

The UK budget deficit for December alone was £11.4 billion. The numbers are so big that you have to break them down. The government is overspending - tax receipts minus expenditure - by over £14 million an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    I'm getting a bit edgey to get away again while we are allowed to leave the country, but I don't want to do myself a mischief and need medical treatment abroad.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If you're already in Euroland I would just hang on to Euros for a while.

The message I read in that is there won't be V recovery in the £, and there's a downside medium term.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Swiss Franc exchange rates

Looks like the Swiss may go for QE as well.

Seems they're pegging the Euro.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Normally the Swiss Franc and the Euro mirror each other, against the dollar: when one goes up, the other goes down. Complementary havens.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I think the Euro is pegging-out !!

Comment

Working...
            X