• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC 'regrets' Chris Moyles jokes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC 'regrets' Chris Moyles jokes

I've not heard or seen any of this (and I'm not likely to because the guy is a knob) but I am outraged and offended all the same, where do I complain?

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Well I like him and the joke he cracked had me giggling all morning. He wan't making fun of Auschwitz, he was making fun of the worthy wannabe-royalty/hero types appearing on 'Who Do You Think You Are'.

I'm getting tired of the anal retards* who seem to insist that nobody can say anything about anyone or anything that appears to have the label 'untouchable' attached to it.

*Not you GJ, you can't be - you're a regular here and by definition must be spiffing!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

He's a fat talentless twat of the highest order. Where do I complain?

Some other views..

Chris Moyles is NOT the saviour of Radio 1. His 'up his own arse' school of broadcasting with his genuine lack of any real sense of humour, make the breakfast show unlistenable to anybody with some sort of a brain.
      He will never make it in television. He has already been 'found out' on the few appearances he has made.
      I will never forget his appearance on Buzzcocks when he was made to look a stupid, petulant school boy by Mark Lamarr. To be honest Mark didn't have to try very hard!
      How he has got to be presenting the Breakfast Show on Radio 1 is a mystery... but maybe it's because the RADIO 2 breakfast show has a larger listening audience.
      Whatever anyone does, don't give him a tv show. He had one once on Channel 5. He was so useless that half way through the run they took him off and replaced him!

This guy is a turgid little bore who should have stayed on hospital radio. He's neither original or funny. The whole shock jock thing was done in the 1980s by people far wittier and well travelled. This guy like Chris Evans lives on a bubble, surrounded by sycophants who stroke his ever increasing ego. Like all bullies he can't stand to be bested. I remember Mark Lamar took the mick out of him on Buzzcocks, he had a big sulk, no witty replies, just a thick egotistical bully out of his depth. Thank god all his attempts to get into TV have been a dismal failure.

It will become apparent very quickly that I do not like Chris Moyles. What is more I cannot understand why anyone would wish to adopt the obnoxious persona which Moyles has, why the BBC think it clever to have a presenter who style appears to be the antithesis of a good broadcaster and how people can actually listen to him for more than a few minutes without it spoiling a good day.

Moyles style is that of a controversial in-your-face DJ but doesn't appear to have any particular cause on which to attach his controversy. His outrage therefore seems to feed from anyone with the temerity to be on his show. The successful outrage DJ is usually reactionary which while opposed by a moderate majority does have value from being democratic and legitimate. To have the level of apparent anger and distaste which Moyles has without any focus for that anger just makes him an irritating case for rage counselling.
      There is however a worrying aspect to this. Anyone listening to Moyles show may think it is an acceptable method of behaviour to be perpetually rude and sour. That somehow it is clever and cool to be so disparaging of everyone. Moyles is little more than a bully with a microphone. Moyles is that annoying kid at scholl who pushed everyone around but has now grown fully physically but not mentally. I have to say the fewer people with Moyles attitude in this world the better.

The presenters role on Radio 1 has been built up and diminished at various times. This usually runs as a counter to the relative importance attached to the music. Radio 1 has had its fun phase when the DJs were intimately part of the entertainment through to the extremes of the Matthew Bannister era when it was all about the music (man) and new emerging music at that. In this latter phase presenters were developed whose voices and personas managed miraculously to match the genre of music they were interested in. I say this because I believe Moyles persona is manufactured, what I do not understand is why.
      The problem for Moyles will be when the radio public tire of his endless whining, find his humiliation of harmless members of the public distasteful and go elsewhere. With his personality developed as it has been he has nowhere to go. His TV appearances have only served to underline the paucity of his talent and it has to be said he is not particularly pleasing to the eye either. On the recent Question of Pop Christmas special he showed a good knowledge of pop trivia but only succeeded in leaving a negative impression by baiting the opposing team in particular Gail Porter. In years to come he may look back on this as a seminal moment. As Gail Porter and similar people go from strength to strength in broadcasting built on a platform of professionalism and personality Moyles will still be there insulting some hapless caller on the graveyard slot at Has-been FM

Chris Moyles is up his own arse. He claims to be the saviour of Radio 1 and all he can do is appear on cheesy countdown programs such as "The 100 worst moments of 1982......." etc.

How someone so in-articulate, offensive and generally unpleasant can be pushed into our lives day after day, week after week is unbelievable.

There are better things than Fatty Moyles and vocally challenged Jonathan Woss that my licence fee could be spent on.

Chris Moyles is nothing else but an overweight self obsessed D list celebrity and the sooner he disappears from public view the better.

As a 33 year old male, I still feel too young to listen to the stale tones of Radio 2 (when will they change the daily predictable programs from Terry Wogan, Ken Bruce & Steve Wright???), but what choice do I have when the BBC inflict such dross in the form of Chris Moyles into my radio. Come on BBC - you can do better. I could.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 January 2009, 23:15.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        He's a fat talentless twat of the highest order. Where do I complain?
        CUK Poster Makes Offensive "Fat" and "Twat" Comments About Talentless DJ
        Switchboard Melts Down - EU Demands Safer Switchboards - Is Anyone Still Reading This Rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I've not heard or seen any of this (and I'm not likely to because the guy is a knob) but I am outraged and offended all the same, where do I complain?

I haven't the faintest idea who he is - it sounds like I am fortunate?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I couldn't give a toss but I do find it highly amusing that Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross were publically vilified for upsetting an old man (whose granddaughter was a bit of slut if we're honest) yet this barely gets mentioned.

Power to the sheeple...
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

He's trying to launch his TV career again. I feel sick
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                As a 33 year old male, I still feel too young to listen to the stale tones of Radio 2 (when will they change the daily predictable programs from Terry Wogan, Ken Bruce & Steve Wright???), but what choice do I have when the BBC inflict such dross in the form of Chris Moyles into my radio. Come on BBC - you can do better. I could.

Now I understand why you sound so naive !!

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  I haven't the faintest idea who he is - it sounds like I am fortunate?

Trust me... you are definitely unfortunate !!

Comment

Nobody has actually complained about this comment (note, not a joke, a comment on how most people who are on 'Who Do You Think You Are' end up visiting Auchwitz).

So why all the media hype?

Comment

Working...
                    X