• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists find evidence Antartica is warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientists find evidence Antartica is warming

Okay, it's still Winter in the Northern hemisphere so global warming is exposed for the hippy tree-hugging scam that it is, but some misguided scientist chappies are still banging on about global warming as if it were really happening, despite ignoring clear evidence of it being Winter. Are they thick or what?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...22/2472221.htm

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Okay, it's still Winter in the Northern hemisphere so global warming is exposed for the hippy tree-hugging scam that it is, but some misguided scientist chappies are still banging on about global warming as if it were really happening, despite ignoring clear evidence of it being Winter. Are they thick or what?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...22/2472221.htm
    Er, it is Summer in the Southern Hemisphere at the moment, not winter. So Antartica should be warming up.

And damned nice it is at the moment I have to say. It has been a sunny 24 degrees all day, but it should cool down to 15 degrees overnight.

Comment

Those idiot scientists using rational thought, and evidence based reasoning don't know nothing. They didn't even consult the Daily Mail.
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

and it shows western Antarctica especially has been getting warmer by about a 10th of a degree every decade.
        Oh my god! 0.1 deg per decade in one part of the continent only, and it could all be natural warming anyway.

Where can I get some new underpants!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Oh my god! 0.1 deg per decade in one part of the continent only, and it could all be natural warming anyway.

Where can I get some new underpants!!!

Please dont be flippant about a subject that I amongst others feel very passionate about, underpant purchase is a serious subject and the best place to buy 'em is probably M&S

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            the best place to buy 'em is probably M&S
            Definitely; those airflow ones are supportive and cooling. Shame M&S doesn't do government.
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

How do these scientists explain this bone chilling cold engulfing most of the world since last 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                How do these scientists explain this bone chilling cold engulfing most of the world since last 2-3 months.
                It's called the Winter.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  It's called the Winter.

HTH
                  it has been exceptional with record low temperatures everywhere

Comment

Isn not the underlying train of though for the climate change activists that it is changing to more extreme conditions. The peaks and troughs will reach higher and lower respectively.

meaning hotter summers and colder winters. We have had 2 of the hottest summers since records began in the noughties and this winter has been colder than I have ever experienced through December/January. (granted I am not yet 30!)

One of the reasons Global Warming was dropped as a moniker was because it was more a visible change to long established climate patterns, ie more extreme conditions and deviations from averages not seen in over 50 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X