• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sarah Beeny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarah Beeny

She says the boom was ridiculous, the crash inevitable, that no one listened to her advice and she's still making loads of money buying and selling houses.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...y-house-prices

No pictures of her n0rk5 though.

'In the 1980s, I started buying property to do it up and sell it and everyone thought I was mad. Everyone was in dotcom businesses'

hmm, a decade out there missy.

Comment

"But of course they are panicking. They cannot sell their houses and yet they cannot afford to keep them. 'A house that is realistically priced will sell,' she says. 'If everyone understood that and dropped their prices, the market would move again.' She thinks HIPs don't help and abolishing stamp duty on houses priced up to £175,000 makes not much difference either. 'We have to change our attitudes,' she says."

Comment

I still would though.

Comment

here she is on my front doorstep, looking exactly as she does on the television - straight dyed blonde hair, casual in jeans, boots and a jumper - but smaller
          no mention of her fantastic n0rk5 in the article either
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Actually it does:

I mean I know from the television that she is attractive and blonde and everyone goes on about that fact that she is well endowed (even my father-in-law once commented on that but I think it must have been a time when she was breast-feeding as they were huge).
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              "and everyone goes on about that fact that she is well endowed (even my father-in-law once commented on that but I think it must have been a time when she was breast-feeding as they were huge)."

Though I think there could have been alot more about her shirt potatoes......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Though I think there could have been alot more about her shirt potatoes......
                Photos would have been nice.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  She says the boom was ridiculous, the crash inevitable, that no one listened to her advice and she's still making loads of money buying and selling houses.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...y-house-prices

No pictures of her dimprawnisabitstupidandsmellsofwee though.
                  Most episodes had a scenario along the lines of...."You spent 120k, the current valuation gives you 200k profit, however if you did nothing due to the market your house would be worth 120k more anyway"

Developer "Well 200 is better than 120! I think we were proved right reducing the number of bedrooms"
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    'In the 1980s, I started buying property to do it up and sell it and everyone thought I was mad. Everyone was in dotcom businesses'

hmm, a decade out there missy.
                    According to wikipedia, she was born in 72 and started a property business when she was 24, so you do the maths. No mention of her funbags there either...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X