• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there any Tory voters here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any Tory voters here?

They won't do any better than Labour you know.

Why do you bother?

I’m a floating voter (once tory, once lib, once OMRLP), but looking at the choice on offer I might prefer to drown.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I vote Labour now.

I like seeing others suffering. Badly.

Comment

I did vote Tory. For every election in which I could vote (6 times).

But not again.

Comment

Yes I vote Tory.

Does any contractor here plan to vote for a party that will continue with IR35? Implement legislation against "income shifting"?!

There are turkeys who vote for Christmas. There are contractors who vote Labour.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Does any contractor here plan to vote for a party that will continue with IR35? Implement legislation against "income shifting"?!
            And will the Torys do any better?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              They won't do any better than Labour you know.

Why do you bother?

People said in 1997 that Labour would not be worse than the Tories. They said that it was time for a change.

Now answer this question. Have Labour been better than the Tories, who left Labour with a growing economy, the best private pensions system in the world, lower taxes than today, billions of gold reserves, a strong pound, no IR35, council taxes less than half of what they are today, and immigration and unemployment much lower than today ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                And will the Torys do any better?
                It doesn't matter, it's time for a change.

The Tories are most closely aligned with my beliefs, but if we'd had 10 years of them, I'd still be ready for a change.

You might better ask why I bother voting at all seeing as I live in Vince Cable's constituency.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  It doesn't matter, it's time for a change.

The Tories are most closely aligned with my beliefs, but if we'd had 10 years of them, I'd still be ready for a change.

You might better ask why I bother voting at all seeing as I live in Vince Cable's constituency.
                  I think there's a strong chance of a Lib/Con coalition. Still, it's a change.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Vince Cable.. the most overrated MP in the country

Comment

Working...
                    X