• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's borrowing requirements (warning X rated - not for faint hearted )

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's borrowing requirements (warning X rated - not for faint hearted )

I think commentators are right when they say UK's public sector borrowing is currently not that high.

But just look where its going:

Britain's borrowing requirements
    I'm alright Jack

Is that graph upside down?

No?

Bugger...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Have we won back our title of Sick Man of Europe? It's been 30 years and I've missed it.

Comment

oh good I'm expecting some dollars to come to my bank account and the exchange rate when it hits will be in my favour!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Gordon Brown said awhile back that the UK was best placed within the G7 to weather a recession.

So I'm not worried.

Comment

As Guido said yesterday, "over £14 million an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Always a fan of market oracle. Author stays out of politics and just reports on the finances, which is a pleasant alternative to most of the mianstream media.

£3.5 trillion is indeed a frakking SCARY number, and to be frank its unmanageable, if we EVER got anywhere near that figure, Britain would be bankrupt, there really is no way out of that amount of debt.

I will be leaving my foreign assets as are, and NOT investing in anything Sterling for the time being, infact may well open a dollar and a euro account and keep ALL spare cash reserves ou of sterling.

Comment

Look at those unfunded public sector pension liabilities. That is the biggest chunk of all and shows massive negligence by New Lie.

Comment

I don't know what he said but I expect it was

Northern Rock, Winter of discontent, Not under Maggie, Interest rates should be 0%. My pension is big, my house has gone up 10% slurp slurp

oh and

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    I don't know what he said but I expect it was

Northern Rock, Winter of discontent, Not under Maggie, Interest rates should be 0%. My pension is big, my house has gone up 10% slurp slurp

oh and

You peeked didn't you!

Comment

Working...
                    X