• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hooray - the big day has finally arrived

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray - the big day has finally arrived

Today is a big day in the EO house.

Today the missus finally retires. We have been working and planning towards this for years now, and she can finally put her feet up. She has been working as a manager in the NHS and the stress has been quite bad for her.
    From today she she will be doing four days a week on an ad hoc basis(i.e. she doesn't have to go in if she doesn't feel like)
    on a good whack, with a pension coming in every week.

If I can keep working for ten years we will be laughing, otherwise she will have to keep me (and I'll still be laughing , heh heh)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Today is a big day in the EO house.

Today the missus finally retires. We have been working and planning towards this for years now, and she can finally put her feet up. She has been working as a manager in the NHS and the stress has been quite bad for her.
    From today she she will be doing four days a week on an ad hoc basis(i.e. she doesn't have to go in if she doesn't feel like)
    on a good whack, with a pension coming in every week.

If I can keep working for ten years we will be laughing, otherwise she will have to keep me (and I'll still be laughing , heh heh)

Congratulations EO - may you both live long and prosper !

Comment

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Comment

Well deserved

Comment

in what seems like a record boom week for CUKers getting contracts this is the icing on the cake

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Tea on the table every night with no excuses - result!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X