• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Of Iron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Of Iron

I dont know about you , but Ive always found Ironing at best a tedious if not downright irritating chore.

My current gig Ive been living away from the Pruffock mansion so I cannot rely upon my staff to perform such mundane tasks as ironing , cleaning the stables etc .

Im currerntly working on a site whereby to even wear a tie would be considered tantamount to heresy - so my office attire is ultra casual - so much so that for the past few weeks Ive managed to get by without irioning my jeans, denim short - cotton top etc

In fact the ugly truth is that I dont even have an Iron at all.

Am I alone in living Ironing Free ?

Finally I wonder what the environmental impact if the ironing ritual - not to mention the time consumed - I guess if you were to calculate the joules expended by the average laundry then multiply that by several million then you mght get some idea of the terrible price we pay for - what exactly ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 January 2009, 08:58.

sartorial elegance
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I am quite happy to wear unironed stuff to clientco. Mrs BP insists on ironing everything.

Comment

I live ironing free. I put my dirty clothes on the floor, and they reappear magically in my wardrobe, cleaned and pressed.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Mrs BP insists on ironing everything.
          If you find a large bin bag at the front entrance to Chateau BP, it will be a consignment of crumpled shirts from the Tester Manor housekeeping department to keep Mrs BP busy during the week.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I once ironed a Subbuteo pitch to get the creases out, but that's about it.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The missus loves ironing so much that when I flop me saus into her gob, she gets the wrinkles out of it in about ten seconds flat

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                The missus loves ironing so much that when I flop me saus into her gob, she gets the wrinkles out of it in about ten seconds flat
                < wipes residue of tea spray off monitor >
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I was taught how to iron mens shirts in my domestic science lessons at
                  school - Oh those crazy nuns!

I still do Mr P's shirts when I'm around, but I do as little as I can get away with.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    I was taught how to iron mens shirts in my domestic science lessons at
                    school - Oh those crazy nuns!

I still do Mr P's shirts when I'm around, but I do as little as I can get away with.
                    intelligent, wise and enlightened
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X