• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interest rates too high

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest rates too high

Interest rates too high

...apparently they should be -6 %

Does this mean you get paid for having a loan
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Interest rates too high

Just think of all the COBOL apps that'll need to be rewritten if they have negative interest rates. Seems a bit pointless though as everybody would remove their money from the bank and put it in a sock.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Just think of all the COBOL apps that'll need to be rewritten if they have negative interest rates. Seems a bit pointless though as everybody would remove their money from the bank and put it in a sock.

fireplace

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Interest rates too high

Isn't that what quantitive easing is about?

Comment

Friday Rant

OK I have f uhrking had enough!!

1) I am sick of every news channel talking about Obama. SFW if he is black. UK media get a life , he is the president of ANOTHER country FFS!! Can we plleeezze go back to slagging off snotty and his minions?

2) Recession. OK now the numbers say we ARE in a recession so can we put our heads down and just f uhrking get on with it!! I dont want to see shrinks and whinging finance bods on breakfast TV telling me how to deal with a recession. I dont care. Can you all just STFU about it now and stop showing meaningless graphs punctuated with dramatic red graphics

3) I dont blame snotty, I dont blame the US I dont blame anyone, we have had many booms and busts and will have many more , so can all you kids and so called f urhking experts stop whinging and writing long pointless articles and subjecting us to hours of spurious analysis on the TV. Sh!t happens, deal with it.

No more Obama and no more recession, pleeeeze..... can we talk about something interesting like the seasonal variances in the growth rate of cruciferous vegetables in Patagonia?
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
            OK I have f uhrking had enough!!

1) I am sick of every news channel talking about Obama. SFW if he is black. UK media get a life , he is the president of ANOTHER country FFS!! Can we plleeezze go back to slagging off snotty and his minions?

2) Recession. OK now the numbers say we ARE in a recession so can we put our heads down and just f uhrking get on with it!! I dont want to see shrinks and whinging finance bods on breakfast TV telling me how to deal with a recession. I dont care. Can you all just STFU about it now and stop showing meaningless graphs punctuated with dramatic red graphics

3) I dont blame snotty, I dont blame the US I dont blame anyone, we have had many booms and busts and will have many more , so can all you kids and so called f urhking experts stop whinging and writing long pointless articles and subjecting us to hours of spurious analysis on the TV. Sh!t happens, deal with it.

No more Obama and no more recession, pleeeeze..... can we talk about something interesting like the seasonal variances in the growth rate of cruciferous vegetables in Patagonia?
            Back to Big Brother then?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
              can we talk about something interesting like the seasonal variances in the growth rate of cruciferous vegetables in Patagonia?
              You start.
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Interest rates are indeed far too high for many people on fixed rates and this will continue to be a problem for quite a while as people are unable to remortgage easily, partially due to the illogical HMG policy of reducing the Northern Rock mortgage book to repay loans.

Unfortunately the Labour policy of keeping rates high for over a year after the US liquidity problems in July 2007 has exacerbated current problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Interest rates are indeed far too high for many people on fixed rates and this will continue to be a problem for quite a while as people are unable to remortgage easily, partially due to the illogical HMG policy of reducing the Northern Rock mortgage book to repay loans.

Unfortunately the Labour policy of keeping rates high for over a year after the US liquidity problems in July 2007 has exacerbated current problems.
                  Why does every single post you EVER make on this forum revolve around EITHER House Prices or the cost of Mortgages, OR your bloody shares in Northern Rock?

Its getting bloody tiresome, can you change the record please?

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                    Why does every single post you EVER make on this forum revolve around EITHER House Prices or the cost of Mortgages, OR your bloody shares in Northern Rock?

Its getting bloody tiresome, can you change the record please?

If there is a link that outlines the incompetence of HMG I am not going to ignore it if it emphasises my point. A lot of today's problems stem from Gordon Brown and his handling of the banks over the past 12 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X