ratewhore
23rd January 2009, 11:39
Nice disclaimer at the bottom...

Doggy Styles
23rd January 2009, 11:42
F***ing advert.

Mich the Tester
23rd January 2009, 11:46
F***ing advert.Indeed. Or a fresh MBA graduate trying to stick his tongue up the CFO's ass. It's skewed by using different sizes of circles. If the blue circles were all the same size it would be painfully apparent to the advertiser's target group that Both Deutsche Bank and Santander have fared better than JP Morgan, but of course senior management wouldn't be pleased if someone were to say that.

ratewhore
23rd January 2009, 11:48
Here's (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103813223147685278685.00045d271ce829e1e7123&ll=52.683043,-1.494141&spn=9.396916,18.69873&z=6) another graphic for ya. Bout a week out of date mind...

Bagpuss
23rd January 2009, 12:02
http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/8672.cntns

:suicide:

Only going to get worse now shorting is back, Hedge funds are making a killing, killing the banks

DaveB
23rd January 2009, 12:55
Indeed. Or a fresh MBA graduate trying to stick his tongue up the CFO's ass. It's skewed by using different sizes of circles. If the blue circles were all the same size it would be painfully apparent to the advertiser's target group that Both Deutsche Bank and Santander have fared better than JP Morgan, but of course senior management wouldn't be pleased if someone were to say that.

Actually from those figures Deutcher have done far worse than JPM and Santander only slightly better.

Deutcher = ~82% loss
JPM = ~58% loss
Santander = ~54% loss

The circles are proportional to their market value.

Solidec
23rd January 2009, 13:02
Good old HSBC, glad to see a stalwart of the British banking sector remaining strong.

I am half tempted to close ALL my accounts and open new Current, Saving and Busineess Current and Business Deposit accounts with HSBC as a reward for being sensible and diversifying their risk.

Mich the Tester
23rd January 2009, 13:04
The circles are proportional to their market value....and that's the deception. The graphic is supposed to illustrate the fall in market value, not the absolute market value, and so when comparing the fall in market value, equally sized circles are appropriate. If it was to demonstrate absolute market value at any given time, then all the circles would be different sizes proportional to the absolute market value.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm a tester. I'm supposed to be pedantic.

ratewhore
23rd January 2009, 14:22
...and that's the deception. The graphic is supposed to illustrate the fall in market value, not the absolute market value, and so when comparing the fall in market value, equally sized circles are appropriate. If it was to demonstrate absolute market value at any given time, then all the circles would be different sizes proportional to the absolute market value.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm a tester. I'm supposed to be pedantic.

:spel anal

Mich the Tester
23rd January 2009, 14:23
:spel analGood idea. Shall discuss with Mrs Tester this evening.