• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Is Scary - A Thought-Provoking Bank Graphic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Is Scary - A Thought-Provoking Bank Graphic

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/8672.cntns

Nice disclaimer at the bottom...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

F***ing advert.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        F***ing advert.
        Indeed. Or a fresh MBA graduate trying to stick his tongue up the CFO's ass. It's skewed by using different sizes of circles. If the blue circles were all the same size it would be painfully apparent to the advertiser's target group that Both Deutsche Bank and Santander have fared better than JP Morgan, but of course senior management wouldn't be pleased if someone were to say that.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 23 January 2009, 11:49.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Here's another graphic for ya. Bout a week out of date mind...

Comment

Only going to get worse now shorting is back, Hedge funds are making a killing, killing the banks
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Indeed. Or a fresh MBA graduate trying to stick his tongue up the CFO's ass. It's skewed by using different sizes of circles. If the blue circles were all the same size it would be painfully apparent to the advertiser's target group that Both Deutsche Bank and Santander have fared better than JP Morgan, but of course senior management wouldn't be pleased if someone were to say that.
              Actually from those figures Deutcher have done far worse than JPM and Santander only slightly better.

Deutcher = ~82% loss
              JPM = ~58% loss
              Santander = ~54% loss

The circles are proportional to their market value.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good old HSBC, glad to see a stalwart of the British banking sector remaining strong.

I am half tempted to close ALL my accounts and open new Current, Saving and Busineess Current and Business Deposit accounts with HSBC as a reward for being sensible and diversifying their risk.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  The circles are proportional to their market value.
                  ...and that's the deception. The graphic is supposed to illustrate the fall in market value, not the absolute market value, and so when comparing the fall in market value, equally sized circles are appropriate. If it was to demonstrate absolute market value at any given time, then all the circles would be different sizes proportional to the absolute market value.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm a tester. I'm supposed to be pedantic.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    ...and that's the deception. The graphic is supposed to illustrate the fall in market value, not the absolute market value, and so when comparing the fall in market value, equally sized circles are appropriate. If it was to demonstrate absolute market value at any given time, then all the circles would be different sizes proportional to the absolute market value.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm a tester. I'm supposed to be pedantic.
                    anal

Comment

Working...
                    X