• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppet contractor wants bank bailout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppet contractor wants bank bailout

This guy is pretty funny. He's set up a website whining incoherently about RBS and moaning about bailouts.

Have a read:
    http://ihaterbs.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Here are my comments, mocking him mercilessly:

* he is an IT Contractor. This means his real expenses are, at most, accountancy fees, travel and a grand or so on IT equipment every few years. Yet has he run up a £10k credit card bill on his COMPANY account???? He's clearly illegally abusing the company for personal expenses.

* he (and his company) are clearly insolvent. He's incapable of even managing to make minimum payments on the credit card, THREE MONTHS IN A ROW. What's the minimum payment on £10k? £200? He had three months to do something about it.

* he should not be running a limited company in this manner. The monies being paid into the company account are not 'wage packets', they are assets (invoices) of his company.

* he's had three invoices paid into the company account when he clearly needs the money desperately. That's not RBS' fault. Open a new account with someone else, and contact the agency and tell them to alter the payee details. He should have done this the first time it happened. This isn't good enough: ' I am unable to open another business account in order to get my wages paid into that, as I have to give them details of my previous account'. So how on earth did he open his first account???

* he's complaining about having the money taken from his account, but he hasn't checked whether RBS have the right to do this. He is in serious default on his debt (or rather his company is). One default on a credit card is one thing, but when you get to three in a row, that comes in a different category, and pretty much every credit card company will take action at this point.

* he earns a good income, of over £50k a year, yet is deeply in debt and clearly incapable of managing his money. He has NO savings. Complete idiot. Some contractors who have been out of work for for months now. A reserve of at least six month's living expenses is something that every contractor should have, because he could be laid off tomorrow. What happens then? I have no sympathy for his bleatings about his disabled partner (unmarried, despite the 3-year old kid) when he earned a GOOD income yet still managed to spend more than it.

Bottom line is this exactly the sort of behaviour that gives IT contractors running Ltd. companies a bad name. And beyond that, this is the kind of behaviour that banks should never have and should not tolerate. God forbid that my taxes go to bail out idiots like this. I've had enough of morons who think it's ok to go through life spending more than they earn and that they have the 'right' to do whatever they want and the banks should not try and stop them.

Don't let it get to you though eh?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

"Prior to the actions of your bank, I had a slight cashflow problem"

Sir, if not for your inability to manage your own 1,000 pound per week income, the bank might not have had cash flow problems and might now be capable of lending to more competently managed businesses.

Sir, is your name Gordon by any chance?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
        God forbid that my taxes go to bail out idiots like this. I've had enough of morons who think it's ok to go through life spending more than they earn and that they have the 'right' to do whatever they want and the banks should not try and stop them.
        There'll be plenty more of these in 2009, many many people are overstretched and will just have to give up trying to repay.

With banks currently charging well over 20% on credit cards, they deserve to get duffed up.

Comment

It sounds like he needs a 'muppet bailout' !!

Comment

Fit the Seventh - The Banker's Fate

They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care;
            They pursued it with forks and hope;
            They threatened its life with a railway-share;
            They charmed it with smiles and soap.

And the Banker, inspired with a courage so new
            It was matter for general remark,
            Rushed madly ahead and was lost to their view
            In his zeal to discover the Snark

But while he was seeking with thimbles and care,
            A Bandersnatch swiftly drew nigh
            And grabbed at the Banker, who shrieked in despair,
            For he knew it was useless to fly.

He offered large discount--he offered a check
            (Drawn "to bearer") for seven-pounds-ten:
            But the Bandersnatch merely extended its neck
            And grabbed at the Banker again.

Without rest or pause--while those frumious jaws
            Went savagely snapping around-
            He skipped and he hopped, and he floundered and flopped,
            Till fainting he fell to the ground.

The Bandersnatch fled as the others appeared
            Led on by that fear-stricken yell:
            And the Bellman remarked "It is just as I feared!"
            And solemnly tolled on his bell.

He was black in the face, and they scarcely could trace
            The least likeness to what he had been:
            While so great was his fright that his waistcoat turned white-
            A wonderful thing to be seen!

To the horror of all who were present that day.
            He uprose in full evening dress,
            And with senseless grimaces endeavored to say
            What his tongue could no longer express.

Down he sank in a chair--ran his hands through his hair--
            And chanted in mimsiest tones
            Words whose utter inanity proved his insanity,
            While he rattled a couple of bones.

"Leave him here to his fate--it is getting so late!"
            The Bellman exclaimed in a fright.
            "We have lost half the day. Any further delay,
            And we sha'nt catch a Snark before night!"

Comment

Surely that site is not for real?

Or is it Wilmslow?

Comment

Let the company fold and work through a brolly.

Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Next.
                  Well yes. He seems to have missed the 'Limited' part in 'Limited company'. Just walk away, welch on his debts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Next.
                    Yes exactly. Jeez that guy is an idiot. If he can't work out that paying your week's revenue into a black hole is a bad idea then he deserves to go bust.

Comment

Working...
                    X