• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hacker Reprieve?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hacker Reprieve?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7846442.stm

"He hacked into 97 government computers belonging to organisations including the US Navy and NASA."

You'd have thought they'd want to give him $$$Millions for helping plug up the holes in their systems rather than lock him away for the rest of his life?
    'elf and safety guru

Obama will save him!
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I love the way that we could not get someone from the states if they did that to our country's systems.

This country really has lost it's balls under NL.

They should be offering him a job not banging him up.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I love the way that we could not get someone from the states if they did that to our country's systems.

This country really has lost it's balls under NL.

That's the "special relationship" bit.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Why? He was just gaining entry through doors either left open or installed by the Chinese, Russians, Mob ...

IIRC some of the stuff in the original complaint was even indexed by Google.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            That's the "special relationship" bit.
            Funny you should mention that, but the Prime Minister of Denmark was on the TV the other night talking about Denmarks "special relationship" with America. He was on TV trying to explain away why someone Obama bumped into in an airline queue 20 years ago was invited to the inauguration party and he wasn't.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Why? He was just gaining entry through doors either left open or installed by the Chinese, Russians, Mob ...
              Because you could give him a PC and 10,000 cans of jolt and you would get about 140 hours a week off him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Obama will save him!
                Actually he probably will.

It was entirely down to the Bush administration that he was being extradited, nothing to do with the courts.

All those with a vested interest in seeing him banged up have now gone and Obama and his people have nothing invested in the case or in bringing him to trial.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

When they say 'hacked in', was it not more a case of them leaving their doors open for people to look into? If it wasn't him who got caught, it surely would have been someone else eventually?

He probably only did \\ip\c$

Typical Americans using the terrorism card for anything a million miles off would slightly fall under. If anything it should be their system admins taking the blame...
                  The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I thought they were going to extradite him months ago.
                    I think the problem was the system admins in the States wanted to cover their big fat American butts and it all got a bit out of hand.
                    He should get an award IMO.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X