• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyberman, a question...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberman, a question...

Do you think your views are representative of the modern conservative party?

I think we need to know before deciding on who should replace the Snot Goblin.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Do you think your views are representative of the modern conservative party?

I think we need to know before deciding on who should replace the Snot Goblin.
    As opposed to the hang-em-flog-em old party?

Comment

That's a really good question.

I know a few members of the Conservative party, and their private points of view are more akin to the BNP. It scares me that these view points are still around at the grass roots level in the party.

However I think there is a true understanding higher up in the party, that the direction of DC is the right one.
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
        That's a really good question.

I know a few members of the Conservative party, and their private points of view are more akin to the BNP. It scares me that these view points are still around at the grass roots level in the party.

However I think there is a true understanding higher up in the party, that the direction of DC is the right one.
        Any party is a spectrum. Even Labour still includes a few die-hard lefties, Dennis Skinner et al.

It's clear all of the major parties recognise they need to be centrist in public to have a faint chance of getting into power.

Comment

As a floating voter, In the past I have always found my ideals and those of the conservatives conflicted. Recently however as I have come to understand more about the economy, globalisation, the tax system etc, I find my views allign with those of the conservatives on a lot more issues than they conflict with.

They may well be proven right on their stance on Europe and the single currency before 2009 is even over!

They understand that the Private sector is responsible for Wealth Creation and therefore oils the cogs of the financial system in the UK and they also understand that to stifle entreneurship and aspirations to make money (for joe public that is) is a bad thing.

Keep basic rates of taxation low, keep tax on jobs via NI low and ensure you maintain a balance of payments on public finances and the rest kind of fits into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
            Any party is a spectrum. Even Labour still includes a few die-hard lefties, Dennis Skinner et al.
            This is what tempts me to vote Liberal even though I'm probably closer to conservative in my opinions (sort of liberal right of center). I would never vote Labour anyway, but the Conservative party still seems to include some pretty unsavoury characters. Fair enough to have a spectrum of opinions, broad church and all that, but the tiny minded nationalists and the relationship with NI Unionist extremists really puts me off.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I always thought the conservative party faithful was made up of racist old ladies like the old girl that pukes from little britain.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Surprise Surprise, no response from CUK's No 1 autistic bore
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I consider myself a liberal conservative, rather than a conservative liberal.

I would definitely consider voting Liberal, if it would make a difference. But if things are close next time, then keeping Labour out is more important.

On the far right of the party: I think the leadership are strong enough to deal with that now.
                  Originally posted by cailin maith
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                  X