• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish I'd joined this forum years ago.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I'd joined this forum years ago.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...is-coming.html

The UK has slid officially into its worst recession for 29 years, as Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, admitted that he had failed to see the economic crisis coming.

I never saw it coming. I never knew there was a credit bubble, or that asset prices were balooning out of control, or that banks we lending in an irresponsible manner. I didn't know how indebted the British people were or that my spending has been out of control on public services, most of which have returned little value.

Why didn't someone here tell me?
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...is-coming.html

I never saw it coming. I never knew there was a credit bubble, or that asset prices were balooning out of control, or that banks we lending in an irresponsible manner. I didn't know how indebted the British people were or that my spending has been out of control on public services, most of which have returned little value.

Why didn't someone here tell me?
    Well the public seem to think you are the right man to get us out of it. What do you manage to fool them?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Well the public seem to think you are the right man to get us out of it. What do you manage to fool them?
      Tony Blair did it for me.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

No more boom and bust.

We have saved the World

Bored.

Comment

Mein Fuhrer !!!

I can walk !!!!

Comment

I do distinctly remember a Mr D Cameron using the phrase 'credit card economy' in parliament well before all this tulip hit the fan. I think he was trying to tell you on behalf of all of us.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X