• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joined up policies !!??????????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined up policies !!??????????

You just have to laugh !!!

http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/articl...cle_id=9985800

After spending the last year successfully liquidising 14 billion of Northern Rocks assets to repay the loan from the taxpayer, the gov have now decided they want to loan a further 10 billion to Northern Rock to kickstart lending.

Last years policy

Dr Loan 14 billion
    Cr Assets 14 Billion

This years policy

Dr Assets 10 billion
    Cr Loan 10 Billion

Next years policy?

Dr Loan 20 billion
    Cr Assets 20 billion

You and Wilmslow should team up.

Comment

Don't worry, as soon as I get my 30K compensation you will never hear me utter a word on this matter again. But until then....... I want justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Don't worry, as soon as I get my 30K compensation you will never hear me utter a word on this matter again. But until then....... I want justice.
        money
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          money

That as well !!!

Comment

That as well !!!
            Would you prefer;

a. justice without the money, i.e. tough sentences for any proven fraud
            or
            b. money without the justice, i.e fraudsters get off scot free and you get your compensation
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Would you prefer;

a. justice without the money, i.e. tough sentences for any proven fraud
              or
              b. money without the justice, i.e fraudsters get off scot free and you get your compensation

Fraudsters should be locked up but that may well include a few on the current HMG with the way that they have manipulated the Rock by causing a run and defrauded shareholders. The courts will decide and this latest policy change gives us even more ammunition at the ECOHR.

Comment

Fraudsters should be locked up but that may well include a few on the current HMG with the way that they have manipulated the Rock by causing a run and defrauded shareholders. The courts will decide and this latest policy change gives us even more ammunition at the ECOHR.
                such a gordon brown answer

Comment

Working...
                X