PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching wossy tonight?

Ruprect
23rd January 2009, 16:58
I'm not. Not because of sachsgate, but because I don't like the show and he acts like a t0sser

NetwkSupport
23rd January 2009, 16:59
i'll be watching, its the best of a bad bunch. telly has gone to pot in the last few years

Chugnut
23rd January 2009, 17:01
I don't mind him to be honest, and I want to see if Tom Cruise is in oddball mode.

Cyberman
23rd January 2009, 17:30
I will not watch him ever again hopefully. :sick

Board Game Geek
23rd January 2009, 17:35
I'll be online in a MMORPG.

I haven't watched satellite or terrestial TV for over a year now.

Cancelled SKY last week, as I realised I hadn't watched it for over 6 months.

bogeyman
23rd January 2009, 17:42
I'm not. Not because of sachsgate, but because I don't like the show and he acts like a t0sser

Me neither. Never liked the arrogant, obnoxious twit.

He's just an egomaniac gobshyte being rewarded with vast wodges of our money.

Some good quotes in the Telegraph (I think) today from Arthur Smith (who I do like) saying how much he dislikes Woss.

bogeyman
23rd January 2009, 17:55
I'll be online in a MMORPG.

I haven't watched satellite or terrestial TV for over a year now.

Cancelled SKY last week, as I realised I hadn't watched it for over 6 months.

Presume you are familiar with this: -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PD5J8BGDY_0

:rollin:

PM-Junkie
23rd January 2009, 17:57
Me neither. Never liked the arrogant, obnoxious twit. He's just an egomaniac gobshyte being rewarded with vast wodges of our money.

Now come on, get off the fence. Do you like him or not? :wink

Board Game Geek
23rd January 2009, 18:04
Yes indeed Bogey, it's a classic.

I don't play WoW anymore however. After 3 years I got fed up with it. the guild is still going strong however, and in to our 3rd year.

I'm playing DDO with friends which is a lot more enjoyable.

bogeyman
23rd January 2009, 18:12
Yes indeed Bogey, it's a classic.

Certainly is.

Don't you have better things to do than go online killing people?

SantaClaus
23rd January 2009, 18:27
Well I like him.

Shame he'll have to tone down his humour this time round.

I would have enjoyed him taking the tulip out of Tom Cruise.

P.S. I also like Jeremy Clarkson. Now that's going to make me unpopular I'm sure :happy

bogeyman
23rd January 2009, 18:31
Well I like him.

Shame he'll have to tone down his humour this time round.

I would have enjoyed him taking the tulip out of Tom Cruise.

P.S. I also like Jeremy Clarkson. Now that's going to make me unpopular I'm sure :happy

Why do you like Clarkeson? Have you ever met him and had a conversation with him and somehow concluded that was not a spoiled brat and a complete oaf?

gingerjedi
23rd January 2009, 22:25
There's too many 'haters' on this board, if you don't like something then simply don't watch, no need to be so vociferous about it.

FSM with Cheddar
23rd January 2009, 23:16
I'm watching it right now.

It's good to see him back.

d000hg
23rd January 2009, 23:28
P.S. I also like Jeremy Clarkson. Now that's going to make me unpopular I'm sure :happyOn a board full of Tory-loving, climate change-denying, arrogant contractors? Who do you think buys his books?

d000hg
23rd January 2009, 23:29
I think JR is quite a funny guy, but I don't really like the persona he uses on his show. He did an interview on Chris Moyles' show a little while ago and was just a fairly normal, quite funny guy.

OwlHoot
24th January 2009, 00:43
There's too many 'haters' on this board, if you don't like something then simply don't watch, no need to be so vociferous about it.

WHS.

I hate all forms of sport, especially football.

Oh wait, I see what you mean.

MPwannadecentincome
24th January 2009, 01:22
Welll I used to watch it and watched it again tonight with renewed interest especially after reading the daily mail article which predicted lots of swearing.

It was mostly good fun I thought, even though all the bad swearing was edited out!

Board Game Geek
24th January 2009, 07:24
It was mostly good fun I thought, even though all the bad swearing was edited out!

Quite right too.

About time the Controllers of the shows started cleaning up their act.

If "Wossy" can't be trusted to keep it clean, then it befalls to the programme editors to oversee the process, and I positively encourage that.

Even if I didn't watch the show, and don't watch TV in general, I am pleased that we might be seeing a return to more responsible programming.

gingerjedi
24th January 2009, 10:09
I see Mary Whitehouse is alive and well.:rolleyes:

Board Game Geek
24th January 2009, 13:30
I see Mary Whitehouse is alive and well

If only she was.

We need moral campaigners more than ever in this day and age.

I may not agree with everything they may campaign about, but they do have some valid points.

At least the Daily Mail still cares enough to campaign.

bogeyman
24th January 2009, 14:03
If only she was.

We need moral campaigners more than ever in this day and age.

I may not agree with everything they may campaign about, but they do have some valid points.

At least the Daily Mail still cares enough to campaign.

Hear Hear!

I used to hate Mary Whitehouse when I was a debauched teenager but now I think she might have had a point.

Woss is a foulmouthed oaf. He devalues the currency of swearing by tossing around Fs and Cs like they are the pennies of the English language rather than the big denominations they are.

There's nothing wrong with swearing in the right context, but Woss (and Brand and similar idiots) use these words very lightly, as an excuse for humour.

gingerjedi
24th January 2009, 18:07
Have either of you watched this show? It’s a late night adult chat show that may on occasion contain some colourful language. He's not Gordon effin' Ramsay FFS.

I find the idea of over zealous censorship far more offensive than anything I might hear on the BBC.