• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electric razors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric razors

These must be about the only electrical consumer 'gadget' that never comes down in real terms!

The question is, why the **** not?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Dunno. They are useless and no matter how much you pay you never get a decent shave.

Disposable Wilkinson's Sword for me.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Dunno. They are useless and no matter how much you pay you never get a decent shave.

Ah, you see that's not environmentally friendly. All that packaging, plastic, metal etc. Still, if you want to open your pores to all sorts of bacteria using a wet shave and razor, go right ahead.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Ah, you see that's not environmentally friendly. All that packaging, plastic, metal etc. Still, if you want to open your pores to all sorts of bacteria using a wet shave and razor, go right ahead.
        They use no electricity, do not contain batteries full of cadmium, lead or other toxic metals. I generally tend not to shave in water drawn from my sceptic tank so not overly worried about bacterial infections.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I've stopped washing as it's not environmentally friendly.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            These must be about the only electrical consumer 'gadget' that never comes down in real terms!

The question is, why the **** not?
            Thought the same myself.

Given that the first one I bought in 1970 something cost around 20 quid they ought to be given away with Cornflakes by now

tim

Comment

And why does anyone pay £200+ for a shaver?

This thing is £244 and is too big to take on holiday. What's the point of that? It's even on a "BUY NOW, PAY 6 Months LATER" offer, FFS!

The Philips Arcitec RQ1095, "* Save Over £5.00 *" (like, wow) at £243.69
              * Arcitec combines flex and pivot action
              So it wobbles.

* Unique flex and pivot action
              Repeating features? That's weak.

* Triple track shaving heads providing upto 50% more shaving surface
              Wow! 3 = 2 x 1.5. Who'd have thought?

* Ultra slim handle - for easy use.
              So you can't hold it with wet or soapy hands. Great.

* Numeric shaving time display.
              WTF is the point of that? Are we now supposed to shave for 90 seconds, like when we're teeth-brushing?

* LED multi-purpose display - numeric display of remaining shaving minutes.
              FFS, you can hear how much charge there is left in an electric razor as it slows down. What is the point of this feature other than to point out you should have taken the charging stand with you on holiday?

* Plus 4 LEDs cleaning and charging indicators, travel lock and shaving head replacement indicator.
              Repeat the features! Make them sound like there's more!
              'Shaving head replacement indicator'? What, so it tells you when it isn't working? How thick do you need to be to need one of those?

* Luxury Jet Clean system.
              Does that mean you can rinse it under a tap?

* Luxury power pod (charging cassette).
              Bugger. A separate charger. How naff.

* Carbon fibre moulding and luxury lacquer finish.
              Plastic with spray on paint. Classy.

I'm bored now.

I could buy a 2nd hand van for £243, FFS.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

I love my power fusion!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I love my power fusion!
                  I love my beard!
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

They used to work, now they don't. Odd.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X