• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear - Labour lords change laws for cash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear - Labour lords change laws for cash

Sunday Times - Labour lords change laws for cash
    LABOUR peers are prepared to accept fees of up to £120,000 a year to amend laws in the House of Lords on behalf of business clients, a Sunday Times investigation has found.

Four peers — including two former ministers — offered to help undercover reporters posing as lobbyists obtain an amendment in return for cash.

The Sunday Times selected 10 Lords who already had a number of paid consultancies. The three Conservative peers did not return our calls and a Liberal Democrat and an Ulster Unionist both declined to help after meeting the undercover reporters.
    FFS, and I bet they don't resign. Anyway, it's obviously Thatcher and the Tories fault for inventing sleaze.

also on beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7849594.stm
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I can't believe it!!!

Why didn't PCG know about this?

We could have all paid a £1 each....

Bye, bye IR35!!!

T

Comment

Working...
      X