• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biased Broadcasting Corporation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biased Broadcasting Corporation

I am hopeful the public outcry caused by the BBC's refusal to broadcast the joint appeal for Gaza, will open more eyes to the immense bias in the BBC's News coverage.

What is Really Happening
    I watched BBC World News for a timed hour yesterday. In that time I saw:
    Pro-Israeli (including US government) speakers - 17
    Pro-Palestinian speakers - 2

Mentions of Hamas Rockets as reason for war - 37
    Mentions of illegal Israeli settlements - 0
    Mentions of Palestinians killed by Israel during "ceasefire" - 2
    Mentions of Sderot - 12
    Mentions Sderot used to be Palestinian - 0

If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

The BBC took being banned from Gaza by the Israelis as the excuse to focus a wildly disproportionate attention on the Hamas threat to Israel. Their choice of Sderot as their base of operations was in itself a factor of bias - and their failure to say, even once, that Sderot was once Palestinian was inexcusable.

Now journalists can get into Gaza there has been nothing by the BBC that comes close to matching the searing explorations by Channel 4, ITN and yes, Sky News, on the atrocities that happened there.

I am particularly outraged by the pusillanimity of my Dundee University and Tashkent colleague Alan Johnston, on whose behalf in his kidnapping I had been attempting to exert what little influence I have to its utmost limit (to no avail, I fear). He appears to have exhausted all his compassion on himself.

But what is truly extraordinary is the way that New Labour careerists like Alexander and Bradshaw, who have come out to ask for the appeal to be broadcast, now that Bush has gone are so instantly re-orienting themselves slavishly to follow a slightly different direction.

Do not be fooled by New Labour; they have no core beliefs but in their own careers. Stand by for them to explain they were against extraordinary rendition all along. Do not believe an of our Ministers on anything. And should you get close to any of them, I believe personal violence may be justified in this instance.

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

"Mentions of illegal Israeli settlements - 0"

How many illegal Israeli settlements are there in Gaza?

"Mentions of Hamas Rockets as reason for war - 37"

They were the reason.

Comment

I thought people who believed the BBC are biased are meant to believe the BBC are anti-establishment, and as the establishment is generally biased towards Israel the BBC would have to be pro-Palestine, but now the BBC are meant to be pro-Israel? So that would make them pro-establishment, and not biased at all.

I'm so confused.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Craig Murray is someone who should not be taken seriously.

Comment

At the demo yesterday Tony Benn was there delivering his disgust to the BBC.

Speaking passionately at the start of the rally outside the BBC

Speaking again at Trafalgar Square at the end of the rally

And he's nearly 84 years old!

Benn on BBC News 24:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5CkWWeSmI

Benn outside the BBC:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DFL4_-QR8I

Benn, later at Trafalgar Square:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPSBRvh_CFg

Comment

Lambchops, The BBC is supposed to be a news organisation and it's job is to report the news.

Without bias or emotion. It is not desirable for either if it should do the job properly.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I find the BBC are getting increasingly right wing these days
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I find the BBC are getting increasingly right wing these days
                Like reeds, bending with the changing wind...

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
                  I am hopeful the public outcry caused by the BBC's refusal to broadcast the joint appeal for Gaza, will open more eyes to the immense bias in the BBC's News coverage.

What is Really Happening
                  I watched BBC World News for a timed hour yesterday. In that time I saw:
                  Pro-Israeli (including US government) speakers - 17
                  Pro-Palestinian speakers - 2

Mentions of Hamas Rockets as reason for war - 37
                  Mentions of illegal Israeli settlements - 0
                  Mentions of Palestinians killed by Israel during "ceasefire" - 2
                  Mentions of Sderot - 12
                  Mentions Sderot used to be Palestinian - 0

If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

The BBC took being banned from Gaza by the Israelis as the excuse to focus a wildly disproportionate attention on the Hamas threat to Israel. Their choice of Sderot as their base of operations was in itself a factor of bias - and their failure to say, even once, that Sderot was once Palestinian was inexcusable.

Now journalists can get into Gaza there has been nothing by the BBC that comes close to matching the searing explorations by Channel 4, ITN and yes, Sky News, on the atrocities that happened there.

I am particularly outraged by the pusillanimity of my Dundee University and Tashkent colleague Alan Johnston, on whose behalf in his kidnapping I had been attempting to exert what little influence I have to its utmost limit (to no avail, I fear). He appears to have exhausted all his compassion on himself.

But what is truly extraordinary is the way that New Labour careerists like Alexander and Bradshaw, who have come out to ask for the appeal to be broadcast, now that Bush has gone are so instantly re-orienting themselves slavishly to follow a slightly different direction.

Do not be fooled by New Labour; they have no core beliefs but in their own careers. Stand by for them to explain they were against extraordinary rendition all along. Do not believe an of our Ministers on anything. And should you get close to any of them, I believe personal violence may be justified in this instance.

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/
                  I don't like broccoli, therefore I don't eat it.

I don't like the BBC, therefore I watch and take notes, scour their website for stories to read and URL's to post.

Comment

BBC is generally accused of being biased slightly against Israel. It seems that only when they do something the anti-Israelis don't like that there's a cry raised of bias toward them.

BBC mentions of the holocaust. 0. Anti-semitic smeggers.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X