• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thick Northerners dragging down the South

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick Northerners dragging down the South

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7850055.stm

UK cities outside the south-east England are likely to be hit hardest by recession, a new report warns.

The Centre for Cities charity put on "red" alert Belfast, Liverpool and Hull, owing to high numbers of unemployed and unqualified residents.

Least vulnerable - on "green" - were places including Oxford, Cambridge and Reading, with what the report called their "highly qualified workforces".

We in the south have the best Chavs in the UK.

I thought you never posted after 7pm or at weekends?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      I thought you never posted after 7pm or at weekends?
      Somebody changed the clock on the botserver.

Comment

CUK repetitive circular argument no 3 - The North South divide zzzzz

Tomorrow - Repetitive circular argument no 2 Imigrants and crime levels

Instead: I'd rather talk about my lovely dinner, I had a Thai green curry, mmm lovely
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Instead: I'd rather talk about my lovely dinner, I had a Thai green curry, mmm lovely
          I once got a Thai green curry recipe from a post on CUK. I've cooked it a few times for the missus and I have to say it's one of our favourites
          Cats are evil.

Comment

It's nice to see CUK sometimes has a positive inpact, rather than constant nitpicking/moaning and putting people down
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

People from the South tend to live in a bubble thinking the rest of the UK is crap. The document written on the BBC website was probably written by a southerner from the said area trying to justify to themselves why they will still be in a job this time next week.
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

It also assumes everyone who works in the south is from the south I don'tknow why I get dragged into this, it's almost always someone from the south who starts this one off. I don't understand the chip these people have

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                  People from the South tend to live in a bubble thinking the rest of the UK is crap. The document written on the BBC website was probably written by a southerner from the said area trying to justify to themselves why they will still be in a job this time next week.
                  I don't think they say the rest of the UK is crap, just pointing out some facts and extrapolating prospects for various parts of it.

It's not really a surprise anyway, previous recessions saw the worst problems in many of those same areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    It's not really a surprise anyway, previous recessions saw the worst problems in many of those same areas.
                    and inner city London

Comment

Working...
                    X