• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alan Carr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Carr

Is it just me or is he really annoying?

I mean must he show his enamel at every opportunity...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

His autobiography was going to be called "Go on have a fag by Alan Carr"

I though quite funny.

WHS threatened not to stock it so he had to change it
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's just a play on words, using someone else's fame and death for his own cheap humour.

If that is the apex of his comedic wit, then I feel pity for him.

Comedians really need to have their jokes vetted, or design jokes that are not offensive.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        No, it's not just you.

HTH.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

He's a complete tit.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I mean must he show his enamel at every opportunity...
            Not particularly aesthetic enamel to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Comedians really need to have their jokes vetted, or design jokes that are not offensive.
              Sounds very much like an argument for political correctness
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                It's just a play on words, using someone else's fame and death for his own cheap humour.

If that is the apex of his comedic wit, then I feel pity for him.

Good God. I never knew jokes were 'designed'.

I wonder what the going rate for a freelance joke designer would be.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Good God. I never knew jokes were 'designed'.

I wonder what the going rate for a freelance joke designer would be.
                  Douglas Adams was a joke designer at one point. Think he was a freelancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    Douglas Adams was a joke designer at one point. Think he was a freelancer.
                    That explains it.

I think I'm one of the few people in the world who didn't find Douglas Adams remotely funny. Just a nerd and a bore.

[dons flame-retardant kecks]

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X