• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come dine with me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come dine with me

Right. If you were on the show, what would be your menu, and/or tactics for winning? I realise the £1000 isn't worth the effort with your exhorbitant daily rates, but just for the fun of it, indulge me.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Lancashire Hot Pot, then pineapple upside down cake with custard.

A bottle of Barolo to wash down the hotpot and a good Beerenauslese for me pud.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If the other contestants were women, I'd serve freshly made Sushi on my naked body.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        If the other contestants were women, I'd serve freshly made Sushi on my naked body.
        Sushi is not meant to smell.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Sushi is not meant to smell.

Certainly not meant to be served with cheese.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Starter - Roasted Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham, with a light sprinkle of Parmasan.

Main Course - Beef Wellington, served with dauphinoise potatoes. Beef Wellington would use a layer Champagne, Duck and Truffle Pate.

Dessert - Chocolate Terrine, ala Taillevent, served with Mint Anglais.

Hrm, seems I have taken my reply far too seriously. Therefore, in line with the other posts, I'd make sure the beef was rancid, the pate off and serve up the most disgusting red wine I could find, wait for everyone to throw up and label it up as 'Dogs Dinner'

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
              Starter - Roasted Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham, with a light sprinkle of Parmasan.

Main Course - Beef Wellington, served with dauphinoise potatoes. Beef Wellington would use a layer Champagne, Duck and Truffle Pate.

Dessert - Chocolate Terrine, ala Taillevent, served with Mint Anglais.

Hrm, seems I have taken my reply far too seriously. Therefore, in line with the other posts, I'd make sure the beef was rancid, the pate off and serve up the most disgusting red wine I could find, wait for everyone to throw up and label it up as 'Dogs Dinner'
              Excellent effort Weltchy, you are currently in the lead with 19 points.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                Excellent effort Weltchy, you are currently in the lead with 19 points.
                Antipasta Misto

Spaghetti Vongole

Saltimboca

Tiramisu

1L House white wine per person.

Inspired by Valentinos Via Cavour Roma
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Antipasta Misto

Spaghetti Vongole

Saltimboca

Tiramisu

1L House white wine per person.

Inspired by Valentinos Via Cavour Roma
                  Despite a promising menu Gibbon disappointed with his bearded clams, and his budget wine. He now trails with 18 points.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The average contestant would probably view this as the height of sophistication ...

Prawn Cocktail
                    Steak and chips
                    Black Forest Gateau

And, of course, no meal would be complete without a bottle of Blue Nun (or for the truely pretentious - Black Tower)

Joking apart even the prospect of a grand wouldn't tempt me into spending an evening with most of them.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X