• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chelsea star's drink-drive charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea star's drink-drive charge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7850918.stm

Chelsea star John Mikel Obi has been charged with drink-driving.

The midfielder was arrested at 0530 GMT on 24 January on Fulham Road in Chelsea, west London.

Mikel, who lives in Weybridge, Surrey, has been charged with driving while over the drink-drive limit and will appear in court in April.

He was not part of the team which beat Ipswich 3-1 at home in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday afternoon.

The Nigerian star is due to appear at West London Magistrates' Court on 3 April.

=====================

IMO any footballer convicted of a serious offence should be banned from the game and castrated. Young people seem to look up to footballers as role models (why?) and a good example must be set.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7850918.stm

Chelsea star John Mikel Obi has been charged with drink-driving.

The midfielder was arrested at 0530 GMT on 24 January on Fulham Road in Chelsea, west London.

Mikel, who lives in Weybridge, Surrey, has been charged with driving while over the drink-drive limit and will appear in court in April.

He was not part of the team which beat Ipswich 3-1 at home in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday afternoon.

The Nigerian star is due to appear at West London Magistrates' Court on 3 April.

=====================

IMO any footballer convicted of a serious offence should be banned from the game and castrated. Young people seem to look up to footballers as role models (why?) and a good example must be set.

Castration that's going a bit far. I would settle for a free kick just inside the box

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Surely he'd be a candidate for deportation? I'm sure our glorious leader has spouted on about wanting to deport foreign criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        Surely he'd be a candidate for deportation? I'm sure our glorious leader has spouted on about wanting to deport foreign criminals.
        I did think about deportation but decided it would upset those who cant tell the difference between racism and anti-immigration.

No point in upsetrting the hard of thinking.

Comment

Working...
        X