• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We come in peace. Shoot to kill.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We come in peace. Shoot to kill.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...down-UFOs.html

Pilots have apparently fired upon the unidentified objects without success since the 1980s, according to Nick Pope, who used to run the Ministry of Defence's UFO project.

"There was a faction in the MoD who said 'We want to shoot down a UFO and that will resolve the issue one way or another'," he told The Sun.

"We know of cases where the order has been given to shoot down - with little effect to the UFO."

Very sensible approach. We don't know what it is, so lets shoot it.

Anyone remember SWANT from viz? Special Weapons and No Tactics.

"Lets do this by the book. 1+1=2, 2+2=4 : so we knock down the f**king door".

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Your puny hu-man weapons are useless against our mighty UFOs...

Most of the time...
      Are those the 6303 powered UFOs or the Z80 ones?

edit: I saw a UFO once - true!
      Last edited by bogeyman; 26 January 2009, 12:39.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Little green men in their space ship laughing "Oh, kinetic energy weapons: they throw rocks at each other!" Take some pictures, which along with scans of Page 3, will appear in the Intergalactic Geographic sat on a doctor's table somewhere near Betelgeuse.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...down-UFOs.html

Pilots have apparently fired upon the unidentified objects without success since the 1980s, according to Nick Pope, who used to run the Ministry of Defence's UFO project.

"There was a faction in the MoD who said 'We want to shoot down a UFO and that will resolve the issue one way or another'," he told The Sun.

"We know of cases where the order has been given to shoot down - with little effect to the UFO."

Very sensible approach. We don't know what it is, so lets shoot it.
          You weak earthlings, will you never learn

Comment

I was brought down by a thunderbird missile in late '70. I donned my survival suit, learned the language, fitted in quite well.
            The only problem is that my accent is a bit weird, and my racial traits, (I am from the species Nastius Obnoxium), are almost impossible to suppress - Tay

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

edit: I saw a UFO once - true!
              I thought I saw a UFO when I was about 10(ish) it has flashing lights and everything.

Turns out it was the Blimp they were using to advertise orange phones a quite low altitude. Bastards.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
              X