PDA

View Full Version : We come in peace. Shoot to kill.

DimPrawn
26th January 2009, 12:28
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/4342884/RAF-ordered-to-shoot-down-UFOs.html

Pilots have apparently fired upon the unidentified objects without success since the 1980s, according to Nick Pope, who used to run the Ministry of Defence's UFO project.

"There was a faction in the MoD who said 'We want to shoot down a UFO and that will resolve the issue one way or another'," he told The Sun.

"We know of cases where the order has been given to shoot down - with little effect to the UFO."

:alien:

Very sensible approach. We don't know what it is, so lets shoot it.

BrilloPad
26th January 2009, 12:31
Anyone remember SWANT from viz? Special Weapons and No Tactics.

"Lets do this by the book. 1+1=2, 2+2=4 : so we knock down the f**king door".

bogeyman
26th January 2009, 12:37
Your puny hu-man weapons are useless against our mighty UFOs...

Most of the time...:smokin

Are those the 6303 powered UFOs or the Z80 ones?

edit: I saw a UFO once - true!

Purple Dalek
26th January 2009, 12:41
Little green men in their space ship laughing "Oh, kinetic energy weapons: they throw rocks at each other!" Take some pictures, which along with scans of Page 3, will appear in the Intergalactic Geographic sat on a doctor's table somewhere near Betelgeuse.

Mekon
26th January 2009, 13:45
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/4342884/RAF-ordered-to-shoot-down-UFOs.html

Pilots have apparently fired upon the unidentified objects without success since the 1980s, according to Nick Pope, who used to run the Ministry of Defence's UFO project.

"There was a faction in the MoD who said 'We want to shoot down a UFO and that will resolve the issue one way or another'," he told The Sun.

"We know of cases where the order has been given to shoot down - with little effect to the UFO."

:alien:

Very sensible approach. We don't know what it is, so lets shoot it.You weak earthlings, will you never learn

EternalOptimist
26th January 2009, 13:50
I was brought down by a thunderbird missile in late '70. I donned my survival suit, learned the language, fitted in quite well.
The only problem is that my accent is a bit weird, and my racial traits, (I am from the species Nastius Obnoxium), are almost impossible to suppress - Tay

:rolleyes:

Moscow Mule
26th January 2009, 14:23
edit: I saw a UFO once - true!

I thought I saw a UFO when I was about 10(ish) it has flashing lights and everything.

Turns out it was the Blimp they were using to advertise orange phones a quite low altitude. Bastards.