• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown - I told you so

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown - I told you so

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5590281.ece

10 years ago we were warned of this. If only he'd told someone who could have done something about it!
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

"As I said in Harvard ten years ago, we need an early warning system so that international financial flows are properly monitored," Mr Brown said in a speech this morning.

"We must create a framework for the international governance that we currently lack. We must consider at a global level the regulatory deficit. For a decade I have said that the current patchwork arrangement is inadequate."
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

10 years ago we were warned of this. If only he'd told someone who could have done something about it!
      Maybe it’s been at the bottom of his ‘to do today’ list for the last ten years and he just didn’t get around to it.

Or maybe he put it on a post-it in the Downing Street coffee room; ' must arrange better banking supervision'. The cleaners removed it thinking it was just clutter.

Either way, indeed.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It is truly postcards from the edge stuff from slack jaw now.

What I want to know is if he is told to say this or does he come up with the madness himself.

Maybe I don't want to know TBH.

Comment

New Labour are particularly adept and making a virtue out of their cock-ups. Next he'll be saying "we must ensure that governments balance the books".

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

Astonishing.

What an utter booby that man is.

It's almost as though he goes out of his way to sabotage himself.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              What an utter booby that man is.
              Calm yourself Bogey...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Calm yourself Bogey...
                I will Ratewhore.

Just sent the waiter for a large Lagavulin and a splash.

Ah! That's better.

Love the new av!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X