• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation Kill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation Kill

Anyone watch this last night?

Any good?

It's on again later in the week and am planning to catch it then.

"Wire producers' Killer new show"

I know nothing about this one but I hear 'The Wire' is the the best TV show ever made bar none yet I've never seen it advertised anywhere?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Anyone watch this last night?

Any good?

It's on again later in the week and am planning to catch it then.
      Looks interesting - when is it repeated Clippy?
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

1st episode repeated wednesday 11PM. Phew... thought I'd missed my chance.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Looks interesting - when is it repeated Clippy?
          Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          WHS

Details.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Nice one - cheers.

Comment

"Wire producers' Killer new show"

I know nothing about this one but I hear 'The Wire' is the the best TV show ever made bar none yet I've never seen it advertised anywhere?
              I don't watch a lot of telly, but I loved 'the wire'. It really was the best TV cop show- ever. It was loved the critics in the UK and in the US and had a serious cult following. The reason why no one really knows anything about it is that it was a HBO show and wasn't picked by any of the major UK TV channels (unlike the Soprano's or Sex and the city). HBO programmes are pretty hard core with a lot a swearing and violence (too much for BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 to be shown at a decent hour).

I've sky+ Generation Kill, so I will be watching it tonight (it's also repeated monday's night) with high expectations

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Deadwood.

A western with a lot of mother****ers and *****...
                Not to mention t*t lickers and San Francisco **** suckers.

Comment

I'm about to finish watching the wire - downloaded the lot from itunes. Compelling stuff.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by strawberrysmoothie View Post
                    I don't watch a lot of telly, but I loved 'the wire'. It really was the best TV cop show- ever. It was loved the critics in the UK and in the US and had a serious cult following. The reason why no one really knows anything about it is that it was a HBO show and wasn't picked by any of the major UK TV channels (unlike the Soprano's or Sex and the city). HBO programmes are pretty hard core with a lot a swearing and violence (too much for BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 to be shown at a decent hour).

I've sky+ Generation Kill, so I will be watching it tonight (it's also repeated monday's night) with high expectations
                    WHS, best TV program I've ever seen, leaves everything else for dead.
                    The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Working...
                    X