• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

comrade Brown warns against "defeatism"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comrade Brown warns against "defeatism"

long live the UK fatherland !

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
    long live the UK fatherland !
    parentland
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...pessimism.html

Comment

So is it defeatism or is it pessimism? I need to know what I'm being warned against.

Comment

Defeatist pessimism.

Comment

I'm optimistic about my defeatism. Is that good or bad?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I learn many such words from the publications from the desk of the supreme leader.

I'm yet to understand most of them - but I take comfort in the knowledge that we are the best hands possible.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Doomed

Someone needs to tell the BBC to cheer up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7852484.stm

Massive layoffs as gloom deepens

Workers around the world face losing their jobs as several big corporations announced more than 70,000 layoffs in one single day.

The biggest cuts came in the US where construction equipment maker Caterpillar said it would cut around 20,000 jobs.

In Europe, electronics group Philips, financial firm ING and UK steelmaker Corus announced cuts.

The announcements underscore the depth of the global downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Someone needs to tell the BBC to cheer up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7852484.stm

Massive layoffs as gloom deepens

Workers around the world face losing their jobs as several big corporations announced more than 70,000 layoffs in one single day.

The biggest cuts came in the US where construction equipment maker Caterpillar said it would cut around 20,000 jobs.

In Europe, electronics group Philips, financial firm ING and UK steelmaker Corus announced cuts.

The announcements underscore the depth of the global downturn.
                  You're losing your touch - that bit of bad news was published on the beeb website yesterday.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    You're losing your touch - that bit of bad news was published on the beeb website yesterday.
                    It's called working for a living.

I do apologise.

Comment

Working...
                    X