• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Politicians and celebrities to be protected from child database

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politicians and celebrities to be protected from child database

Telegraph

ContactPoint will include the names, ages and address of 11 million under-18s as well as information about their parents, GPs and schools.... which will be accessed by at least 330,000 workers in the education, health, social care, youth justice and voluntary sectors .

But powerful and influential parents who believe they will be in danger from others can apply to have their details taken off the list
    Of course it's secure. Secure enough for you plebs, of course, but not secure enough for your masters.

Truly, some pigs are more equal than others.

Wow, this is ridiculous.

We really need an Obama style change to stop this kind of Tulip.
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

I'm powerful and influential so I can't see a problem...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Utter farce.

Comment

Still, the libdems will can it and the tories will reduce the scope...

linky

Comment

No, stop, everything is OK:

Baroness Morgan of Drefelin said all staff will undergo rigorous enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks before being given access to ContactPoint.

The directory will be protected from hackers through sophisticated passwords, PINs and user identities, she said.
            OK, so the data is safe in the government's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              No, stop, everything is OK:

OK, so the data is safe in the government's hands.
              That's all 400,000 staff with access to the database?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                That's all 400,000 staff with access to the database?
                They are not all government staff. For example, workers and volunteers with charities that work with children will also have access to this database. It will have children's names, addresses, ages, contact details, school and doctor names, etc, and parents will not be allowed to keep their children off it. Whew! Lots of scope for tracking kids there. Good thing there will not be a single dodgy character in the 400,000 with access, and the government will not lose the data.

Comment

Hey look, this isn't such a big issue - you can only do single record lookups and you can't download more than one record at a time.

It'll be fine
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Don't worry so. The coming revolution will put a stop to this nonsense.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X