• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Martin Armstrong predicts dire collapse of world economies in March 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Armstrong predicts dire collapse of world economies in March 2009

Anyone heard of Martin Armstrong?
    He has a theory based on financial cycles and has successfully predicted past stock market crashes and booms.

According to Martin's models, a deeper crash than the one we have just had is due in March this year and will bottom out in June 2011.

Quote from website:
    "The model was first published a couple of decades ago but was used to forecast the 1980-81 peak in inflation in the late 1970's. It is known as the Princeton Economic's 'Economic Confidence Model' and was a part of Armstrong's 32,000 variable artificial intelligence super-computer model, which Armstrong said had "perhaps the largest economic database in the world, some of which he got from the london museum, including record from ancient Babylon, so I believe him when he says that he backtested the cycles into the ancient world. The CIA and Chinese government tried to aquire the model in 1998 after it forecast the crash of 1998 to the day on July 20. He had forecast the the dow would hit 6000 by 1996 and 10,000 by 1998 in the early 1990's. He also forecast in 1996, that oil would hit minimum $65 and that inflation would heat up after late 2002 going into 2007 and possibly extending into 2012. Armstrong said no to the CIA and Chinese and a few months later ended up in prison where he has now been for 6.5 years on contempt of court."

This is a very long paper written by Martin in prison detailing all his theories:

http://www.kwaves.com/ItsJustTimeMartinArmstrong.pdf

More concise version here:

http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour..._armstron.html

Its based on various numerical cycles, PI, fibonacci and all sorts of other stuff. Very interesting read.

A quote
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 27 January 2009, 19:21.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

I think I posted this years ago. The only mistakes it makes is not recognising the ramp up in the frequency of the cycles due to computer based trading and the coming singularity.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      I think I posted this years ago. The only mistakes it makes is not recognising the ramp up in the frequency of the cycles due to computer based trading and the coming singularity.
      Looking at his last prediction for stock market high in 2007 and start of crash in 2008, I cant think that the frequency of the cycles are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Looking at his last prediction for stock market high in 2007 and start of crash in 2008, I cant think that the frequency of the cycles are wrong.
        It's fractal, so he can get the frequencies wrong but still call peaks and troughs.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          It's fractal, so he can get the frequencies wrong but still call peaks and troughs.
          Well thats what counts in the end.
          Having this information to hand (if it works) could make some people very rich.

Comment

Well thats what counts in the end.
            Having this information to hand (if it works) could make some people very rich.
            You called?

Comment

....... Armstrong said no to the CIA and Chinese and a few months later ended up in prison where he has now been for 6.5 years on contempt of court."[/I]
              According to some sources he was convicted of running a Ponzi scheme and jailed for contempt when he refused to hand over some of the assets that the fuzz/court thought he had control of - not exactly the picture being painted here.

Just another chancer who thinks/thought he can beat the market?

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/11/bu...wall.html?_r=1

Martin A. Armstrong, the financial adviser who has spent seven years in jail on a contempt-of-court charge, was sentenced yesterday to five years in prison for running what prosecutors said was a $3 billion Ponzi scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/11/bu...wall.html?_r=1

Martin A. Armstrong, the financial adviser who has spent seven years in jail on a contempt-of-court charge, was sentenced yesterday to five years in prison for running what prosecutors said was a $3 billion Ponzi scheme.
                  And the modern form of the K-wave analysis is due mainly to Michael Alexander.

Comment

He has a theory based on financial cycles and has successfully predicted past stock market crashes and booms.

According to Martin's models, a deeper crash than the one we have just had is due in March this year and will bottom out in June 2011.
                    Interesting. I predicted the next recession for 2011, as you can find in previous posts on here. I was wrong, I didn't see this current one coming. But perhaps a 2011 recession is coming too?

Comment

Working...
                    X