• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having your mail/post redirected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having your mail/post redirected

Anyone who's moved home and used the post offices redirection service care to comment on it's reliability etc, e.g. did you receive all your mail at your new address without problems, or were you still phoning up months later trying to find where half your bank statements have gone?

worked perfectly for me
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I had problems, luckily the new owners of that house were good at putting stickers on and stuffing it back in the mailbox.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The guy that took over our flat was an absolute **** - too long a story to write here. However, we took out that service and it was fairly good.

However, my wife subscribed to every free offer that was going under the old address with the new owners name and then with our junk mail and the new junk mail, the guy must have gone mad after exactly one year we moved!!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Just had my mail redirected from an office to my house.

Give the PO loads of notice to have this done. It took about 7 days (Should have been 5)

The postie knew we were moving and brought our mail to us until the process kicked in.
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Well, seems most think they do a decent job. Hopefully I won't miss any of those letters telling me I've just won a million quid...

Comment

Not impressed! the previous owners of our house subscribed to that Service
              when we moved in 4 years ago. We still got their mail and had to redirect it.
              We still get the old owners bank statements to this day!

We are also unfortunate enough to live at a house with the number 73!...why I here you ask? ....there is also a number 73 in the next road, where I have to collect my bloody mail from frequently...The Postie dosn't seem to notice the roads have different names....Bah!

Comment

we have had good exp and bad exp with this service, however we have been in the cottage now for 2 years and still don't get all our mail!
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
                  Anyone who's moved home and used the post offices redirection service care to comment on it's reliability etc, e.g. did you receive all your mail at your new address without problems, or were you still phoning up months later trying to find where half your bank statements have gone?
                  Used it for 12 months a couple of years ago. All worked smoothly.

My sister-in-law is currently using one, she reports all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
                    Not impressed! the previous owners of our house subscribed to that Service
                    when we moved in 4 years ago. We still got their mail and had to redirect it.
                    We still get the old owners bank statements to this day!

We are also unfortunate enough to live at a house with the number 73!...why I here you ask? ....there is also a number 73 in the next road, where I have to collect my bloody mail from frequently...The Postie dosn't seem to notice the roads have different names....Bah!
                    Oh, I can well understand that. I lived on a road with a name that began with an A, the next road also began with an A and the road after that, also my road had a little road off it, which also started with an A.

I could look out of the window in a morning and if I saw more than the usual of my neighbours wandering about I knew the latest postie had screwed up and delivered mail to the wrong street.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X