• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Philips Living Colour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Living Colour

I keep getting spam from Philips about the Philips Living Colour light, e.g. http://shop.philips.co.uk/store/rpee...sa_feb_lcs3003

It seems very expensive at £85 - has anyone bought one - is it any good?

I can't imagine that at 7.5 W it will be much good at lighting much unless it is just one corner of the room.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    I keep getting spam from Philips about the Philips Living Colour light, e.g. http://shop.philips.co.uk/store/rpee...sa_feb_lcs3003

It seems very expensive at £85 - has anyone bought one - is it any good?

I can't imagine that at 7.5 W it will be much good at lighting much unless it is just one corner of the room.
    Yes, it's cool.I only paid 59 euros though, which was about 40 quid at the time.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

hmmm maybe my next trip to Germany I should get one - still less than £85!

Comment

Build your own!

1*Red LED
        2*Green LEDs (You need 2 to compensate for the perceived colour intensities)
        1*Blue LED

A PIC, some code and away you go.

Elektor magazine did a project for a multicoloured swimming pool light last year.

A damn site cheaper than £40!

You'll have more than 256 colours too!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Build your own!

1*Red LED
          2*Green LEDs (You need 2 to compensate for the perceived colour intensities)
          1*Blue LED

A PIC, some code and away you go.

Elektor magazine did a project for a multicoloured swimming pool light last year.

A damn site cheaper than £40!

You'll have more than 256 colours too!
          Just need a nice enclosure to put it in!

and a cheap coder from rentacoder to code it for me (I'm time poor and stopped coding 18 years ago).

Comment

Working...
          X