• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awesome bit of kit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome bit of kit

T45 We need to pick a war with a country that's not practically land locked next time.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    T45 We need to pick a war with a country that's not practically land locked next time.
    Sod that. Build a sort of de-tuned 316i version and sell it all over the world. Show the world that Britain can still make brilliant stuff!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Aye I was involved in the development of the that snowman... that was almost 10 years ago.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Aye I was involved in the development of the that snowman... that was almost 10 years ago.
        Is it any cheaper (or better) than Aegis?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Ok, Good thinking that man.

So after 5 centuries of Naval history, including Nelson, Drake and Cooke, Great Britain no longer needs a Navy. You're very confused and ill informed if you think Afganistan is the only theatre of operation in the entire world for the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post

So after 5 centuries of Naval history, including Nelson, Drake and Cooke, Great Britain no longer needs a Navy. You're very confused and ill informed if you think Afganistan is the only theatre of operation in the entire world for the UK.
            How did you read into gingerjedi's original post that he was suggesting we no longer required a navy?
            Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post

It was a throw away remark, all we ever see is bored commandos firing M16's at mud huts these days whilst they dodge the odd septic airstrike, I was just pondering the likelihood of this ever seeing any action that’s all... chill FFS!

I don't honestly think an island nation such as ours doesn't need a Navy, my last 2 clients have been the MoD & BAE who are obviously heavily involved in this, before that I spent 12 years at Westland helicopters so I think I know just a little bit about the defence industry.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The radar suite on the Type 45 can track targets for hundreds of miles around, on the sea and in the air.
                I thought radars could only go to just beyond the horizon
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  I thought radars could only go to just beyond the horizon
                  For surface tracks.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

The radar suite on the Type 45 can track targets for hundreds of miles around, on the sea and in the air.
                    Isn't that a bit, hmm, you know...invasive of privacy ?
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X