• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh gawd, IMF put UK in the relegation zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh gawd, IMF put UK in the relegation zone

BBC's Gloom and Doom
    World economic growth is set to fall to just 0.5% this year, its lowest rate since World War II, warns the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The IMF projects the UK, which recently entered recession, will see its economy shrink by 2.8% next year, the worst contraction among advanced nations.

In another gloomy view of the UK economy, the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) said Britain would be saddled with government debt for more than 20 years.

But what do they know, eh? The UK is uniquely well placed to ride out this global problem. First Citizen Gordon told us so himself.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    BBC's Gloom and Doom

But what do they know, eh? The UK is uniquely well placed to ride out this global problem. First Citizen Gordon told us so himself.
    'advanced nations'?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Well the UK's balloon was inflated more than any other so it stands to reason that it will make the loudest pop.

Like I said before… stop worrying about things you can’t affect, it’s bad for your health.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        'advanced nations'?
        Yes, I was wondering what the definition of that was. It obviously doesn't include Iceland, because they're more f***ed than we are, aren't they?

Comment

Does that mean England's out of the six nations then
          Ireland might be in with a chance
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Well the UK's balloon was inflated more than any other so it stands to reason that it will make the loudest pop.

Like I said before… stop worrying about things you can’t affect, it’s bad for your health.
            Good advice ginger. They're wrong what they say about you.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Does that mean England's out of the six nations then
              Ireland might be in with a chance
              I think Ireland will beat England. They’ll pick a quick flanker to target Cipriani, who’ll kick the ball straight into his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I think Ireland will beat England. Theyll pick a quick flanker to target Cipriani, wholl kick the ball straight into his hands.

sidestep the great oaf, get behind the gain line and spread the ball wide to Delon Armitage who'll score in the corner.
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  sidestep the great oaf, get behind the gain line and spread the ball wide to Delon Armitage who'll score in the corner.
                  Fly halves can't sidestep these days since the rules that forced flankers to stay bound. They're all fairies, scared of 16 stone lumps moving at 20mph.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

One of the best posts I have read here....my compliments
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X