• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed 2

2 days into my new contract and I've been offered better elsewhere

Time to piss of an agent
    Coffee's for closers

Indeed, the look on his face when you tell him "Sorry, but I've just got a gig, and it's not professional to bail out until the natural end of the contract" will be priceless.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      "Time to piss of an agent"
      I don't think "boomed" really does justice to that one
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        Indeed, the look on his face when you tell him "Sorry, but I've just got a gig, and it's not professional to bail out until the natural end of the contract" will be priceless.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

oooh a classic

Yes yes yes we IT contractors are profesionals and care about our clients if we commit to something we see it through.

oooh look an extra 2p

bye everyone.

seriosuly you give everyone a bad name and then wonder why agents treat you like they do!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            oooh a classic

Yes yes yes we IT contractors are profesionals and care about our clients if we commit to something we see it through.

oooh look an extra 2p

bye everyone.

seriosuly you give everyone a bad name and then wonder why agents treat you like they do!
            I totally agree with you

Oh well, live and learn, just got to get past that awkward phone call tomorrow morning
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Time to piss of an agent
              exercise that right of substitution, make some cash out of it, act like a business and strengthen your IR35 position.

Or not.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Time to piss of an agent
                Nice one. If more people did this, rates would rise.

Comment

Working...
                X