• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is so wrong !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so wrong !!

I'm just so angry at reading this. I strongly believe that children should have a mother and father. Political correctness at work yet again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-adoption.html

I particularly liked the threat that if the grandparents complained they'd be denied all future contact with the children.

Evil comes in so many forms.

Comment

It seems like a form of state-sanctioned child abuse to me.

Comment

I am utterly appalled.

But is there anything that we can do?

Comment

The quicker we ditch the Equality Act act the better.

If they really want to have children then I suggest they buy a biology book and work out from the diagrams what goes where.

Comment

I have nothing against same-sex couples adopting; as long as they meet the same criteria for a stable family home, why not?

However, if the good of the children is the most important part of selection - which I'm not convinced of here - then how can they think that splitting them from the only family they know is a good idea?

Comment

There must be something about those 2 grandparents that they are not telling us. Surely they wouldn't give up these kids to a couple of strangers over their own flesh and blood unless there was. Or would they?

The thing that always troubled me about the gay adoption thing was not gay people adopting kids, it was the mischief makers in local governament / social services subverting what was seen to be normal in the name of pursuing their big social engineering agenda - i.e. that the gay couple always get the kids over the hetero couple. Don't know how often that's the case but I suspect often it is.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                There must be something about those 2 grandparents that they are not telling us. Surely they wouldn't give up these kids to a couple of strangers over their own flesh and blood unless there was. Or would they?
                They don't have any choice. Only their mother has, but once the children are taken into care, they belong to the council. Grandparents have no right of access whatever: so the council can suggest that access may be considered only if they behave.

This (not the question of who the adoptive parents may be) is the real evil: that the grandparents are just nobody. "Family" is defined by the council. To any normal human, if the mother is incapable, and the father is not to be seen, but there are two loving grandparents, the kids do have a family. If the grandparents are deemed to be too old to bring up the children, adoptive parents can be found: but the would-be adoptive parents must fit in with the children's family (for that is what the grandparents are), not the other way round.

Oh yes, and the worst evil of the lot is that the kids are fodder for the council's politics. If it is important to demonstrate the council's commitment to equality for homosexuals, then the kids are useful material to demonstrate that with. That's Labour: filter everything through their world-view, and bend it out of shape till it fits.
                Last edited by expat; 28 January 2009, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  They don't have any choice. Only their mother has, but once the children are taken into care, they belong to the council. Grandparents have no right of access whatever: so the council can suggest that access may be considered only if they behave.

This (not the question of who the adoptive parents may be) is the real evil: that the grandparents are just nobody. "Family" is defined by the council. To any normal human, if the mother is incapable, and the father is not to be seen, but there are two loving grandparents, the kids do have a family. If the grandparents are deemed to be too old to bring up the children, adoptive parents can be found: but the would-be adoptive parents must fit in with the children's family (for that is what the grandparents are), not the other way round.
                  What Wurzle meant, I think,

was why didnt the grandparents intervene before the kids got taken into care. ie, stop the whole sorry process in it's tracks

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    Evil comes in so many forms.
                    I often feel that way about the Daily Mail, too.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X