• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am getting these strange urges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting these strange urges

I keep getting the urge to put my coat on, tell the MD I will be back in a fortnight, then go to the pub. Then ring the missus and tell her I am missing in action.
    Must be getting jaded or something

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I keep getting the urge to put my coat on, tell the MD I will be back in a fortnight, then go to the pub. Then ring the missus and tell her I am missing in action.

Feel like doing a Reggie Perrin?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

you are Chris Evans and I claim my clean crisp £5 note
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sounds to me like you're bored. Is your current project not engaging your little grey cells?
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Sounds to me like you're bored. Is your current project not engaging your little grey cells?
          Well it's true, I am bored. But I have been at it for nearly 20 months now without a break (for me). I have been on loads of holidays, but they are always for someone else, my type of break consists of what I said in the OP.

So where exactly is your new gig ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I've been bored for years. Would I be here otherwise?

Comment

EO I feel exactly the same. It's like I'm living this life for someone else - my family to be specific - but not for myself. Except that they don't appreciate what I do to keep them in this lifestyle that they want.

Sometimes I just want to do a runner to have a break for a while!

Or am I just an ungrateful father?

Comment

Well it's true, I am bored. But I have been at it for nearly 20 months now without a break (for me). I have been on loads of holidays, but they are always for someone else, my type of break consists of what I said in the OP.

So where exactly is your new gig ?

So, take a few days off and spend it in a decent pub.
                I grew up in a pub - pubs are great

Southend on Sea

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                  EO I feel exactly the same. It's like I'm living this life for someone else - my family to be specific - but not for myself. Except that they don't appreciate what I do to keep them in this lifestyle that they want.

Nope - we all need a little ME time.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

tulip man. Ungrateful ?
                    I took my lad on the adventure of a lifetime for his eighteenth, two days driving down to Pompeii, two days there, two days back.
                    I took my daughter to Hull for a weekend shopping bonanza for her 16th.
                    Took the missus on a four week adventure of a lifetime to Australia
                    Took the extended family camping three times last summer.
                    Take the missus hill walking every w/e cos she has 'palpatations'

I'm fcked man

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X