• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories plan to give IT contractors 5 yrs tax free earnings.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories plan to give IT contractors 5 yrs tax free earnings.

But since they'd be no better than Labour, what difference would it make anyway?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    But since they'd be no better than Labour, what difference would it make anyway?

It's true, the party in opposition will say the most outlandish things for votes, knowing full well no one who matters will stick it to them when they get into power.

Comment

Reference? Sounds too ridiculous to be true... it's even more crazy than Labour's recent "look you'll have more money if you vote for us" policy changes/'promises'
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I made it up.

My points were:

1. The opposition can promise what they like. They are not in power.
        2. Whatever they say, people here are going to vote Labour in again anyway. They can't help themselves.

Comment

I made it up.

My points were:

2. Whatever they say, people here are going to vote Labour in again anyway. They can't help themselves.
          You b@stard. I had that spent before I got down this far

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I made it up.

My points were:

That is like saying - because virtually all of the UK was against the Iraq war apart from Blair - there will be no UK participation in the Iraq War.

Also what the Tories are proposing is not a nebulous 'promise' its a practical and more effective way of managing Public resources.

As for Labour being re-elected anyway - that smacks of bad faith - Jean Paul Satre made the same criticism of the French who under Nazi occupation maintained it was useless to resisit or struggle as the Nazis were invincible - Satre's novel concernign this topic was La Peste - The Plague.

Well - they weren't.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 29 January 2009, 10:27.

Comment

I made it up.

My points were:

you think people here are going to vote Labour in again anyway? I think people here are greedy selfish Torygraph-munching semi-fasciscts who will vote Troy anyway.

Maybe the congregation have a good mix?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                That is like saying - because virtually all of the UK was against the Iraq war apart from Blair - there will be no UK participation in the Iraq War.

Also what the Tories are proposing is not a nebulous 'promise' its a practical and more effective way of managing Public resources.

As for Labour being re-elected anyway - that smacks of bad faith - Jean Paul Satre made the same criticim of the French who under Nazi occupation maintained it was useless to resisit or struggle as the Nazis were invincible - Satre's novel concernign this topic was La Peste - The Plague.

Well - they weren't.
                For the French alone, they were

Comment

OK guys I can see there is an overwhelming despondency out there - theres no point in any form of resistance or alternative approach - the Darkness is going to erase us all .

Might as well turn ourselves in now.

Comment

Does it include tax free margins?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X